Farming also refers to an incrementable ability.
|Skill(s) Enabled||Baking, Beekeeping, Butter Porridge, Deep Artifice, Gardening, Plant Lore, Sausage Making, Sewing, Winemaking, Yeomanry|
|Required By||Any Flour, Any Onion, Barley Crop, Barley Flour, Bat Guano, Beer, Beetroot, Beetroot Crop, Beetroot Leaves, Black Pepper, Boiled Pepper Drupe, Carrot, Carrot Crop, Chef's Hat, Compost Bin, Cucumber, Cucumber Crop, Cured Pipeweed, Dressed Lettuce, Dried Pepper Drupe, Fat-Braised Veg, Feather Garland, Flax Crop, Fresh Hemp Bud, Fresh Leaf of Pipeweed, Giant Pumpkin, Giant Turnip, Grapes, Grapes Crop, Head of Lettuce, Hemp Crop, Hop Cones, Hop Garland, Hops Crop, Jack-o'-Mask, Leek, Leek Crop, Lettuce Crop, Lettuce Leaf, Metal Plow, Millet Crop, Millet Flour, Mushrooms in Jelly, Opium, Pea Crop, Peapod, Peppercorn, Peppercorn Crop, Pipestuff, Pipeweed Crop... further results|
|Back to Skills|
Farming and quality of seeds
The quality of planted crops is based upon the quality of the planted seed with a [-5, +5] random range limited by space, time, and the farmer's farming ability level.
- Each batch of a crop which is planted in the same area (~2 minimaps), time (~2 hours), and of the same type (carrots, peas, barley, etc), will be given the same random quality modification uniformly, and planted tiles of that batch will thus all have their quality affected in the same way.
Harvesting is not affected by the farming skill. However, it is affected by skills that add additional seeds - Gardening, Plant Lore and Druidic Rite; you will not get additional seeds if the harvesting character lacks these skills.
To maximize quality gain, it is advisable to take any given quality of seed and split it up into multiple plantings. With maximum skills, plants will yield three times their number in plantings-worth of seed. Planting in three phases, at least 5 hours apart will give you three chances to score the +5. Whatever the results, the highest quality seed will be sufficient to repeat the planting. If expanding the crops is a priority, two plantings leaves enough seed to expand each planting by 50%. This method avoids the downside of a bad RNG result unless all three plantings roll poorly (which is unlikely). Therefore, doing this will consistently increase average seed quality, and thus product quality, over time.
Watered by sweat there grew,
Golden in Autumn, that Spring,
Where winds did play and hide,
In sun-kissed Wheat and Barley.
Your hands lie heavy on plow and scythe, clawing in your palms the furrows of age and hard labor. You know how to till and plow, and how to plant seeds.
What it does
dventure > La dscaping > Hand low
- Plows squares of furrowed soil that can be used to plant crops. Furrowed soil is not needed to plant trees, however. Plowing by hand uses more stamina than using the Plow item.
uild > C ntainers raft > lothes & Equipment > ats & Headwear raft > rocessing & Materials
- Grind Flour
Planting and Harvesting
- To plant seeds you must first create a plowed field.
- LEFT CLICK the seeds in your inventory and then RIGHT CLICK on the plowed field you wish to plant them on.
- SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK on a seed, your cursor will change then select an area to plant.
- You may use a bucket to hold up to 1000 seeds
- RIGHT CLICK on a crop to harvest
- SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK on a crop, your cursor will change then select an area to harvest from
- Seeds will automatically stack into a bucket if equipped
As of World 8, seeds of the same crop can stack (up to 50 in the inventory, 1000 in a bucket and 10000 in a barrel) if they have the same qualities. If you mix seeds with different qualities together, using a bucket or barrel, the resulting quality is:
You can use this to raise the overall quality of your seeds of a given crop by sacrificing higher tier seeds.
A list of crops currently in the game include:
Please note this table is incomplete; information may be missing or incorrect. These values are still based on old Haven & Hearth
|Crop Field||Planted with||Additional Products and Information||2 Stage||3 Stage||4 Stage|
|Barley Crop||Seeds of Barley||5-18 Seeds of Barley, Straw||-||-||3-4 Days|
|Beetroot Crop||Beetroot||1 Beetroots, 1 Beetroot Leaves (Stage 3)
1-4 Beetroots, 1-4 Beetroot Leaves, Weird Beetroot (Rarely) (Final Stage)
|~18 Hours||-||'Fastest reported': W-11: 2 Days 5 Hours 45 Minutes (No Hive.)
'Slowest reported': W-11: 2 Days 6 Hours 44 Minutes (No Hive.)
|Carrot Crop||Seeds of Carrot or Carrot||1 Carrot (Stage 3)
5-18 Seeds of Carrot (Stage 4)
1-4 Carrots (Final Stage)
|~||~||'Fastest reported': 15 Hours 50 Minutes.
'Slowest reported': 40 Hours.
|Cucumber Crop||Seeds of Cucumber||5-18 Seeds of Cucumber, 1-3 Cucumbers||-||-||4 Days 8 Hours|
|Flax Crop||Seeds of Flax||5-18 Seeds of Flax, Flax Fibre||-||-||2 Days|
|Grapes Crop||Seeds of Grape||1-4 Grapes
Grown on Trellis
|-||-||4 Days 8 Hours|
|Hemp Crop||Seeds of Hemp||Fresh Hemp Bud (Stage 3)
5-18 Seeds of Hemp, Hemp Fibre (Final Stage)
|-||-||3 Days 4 Hours|
|Hops Crop||Hop Cones||1-4 Hop Cones, Unusually Large Hop Cone (Rarely)
Grown on Trellis
|Leek Crop||Seeds of Leek or Leek||5-18 Seeds of Leek (Stage 4)
1 Leek (Stage 3)
1-4 Leeks (Final Stage)
|Lettuce Crop||Seeds of Lettuce||5-12 Seeds of Leek,
Head of Lettuce
(Creates 3 Lettuce Leaf and 5-7 Seeds of Lettuce when split)
|~18Hours||-||3 Days 8 Hours|
|Millet Crop||Seeds of Millet||-||-||-||-|
|Pea Crop||Peapod||1-4 Peapods
Grown on Trellis
|-||-||3 Days 15 Hours|
|Peppercorn Crop||Peppercorn||1-4 Peppercorns
Grown on Trellis
|Pipeweed Crop||Seeds of Pipeweed||5-18 Seeds of Pipeweed, 1 Fresh Leaf of Pipeweed||~20 Hours.||-||-|
|Poppy Crop||Seeds of Poppy||5-12 Seeds of Poppy, Poppy Flower (Stage 5)
5-24 Seeds of Poppy, Poppy Pod (Rarely) (Final Stage)
|-||-||3 Days 19 Hours|
|Pumpkin Crop||Seeds of Pumpkin||Giant Pumpkin
(Creates 40 Seeds of Pumpkin and 8 Pumpkin Flesh when split)
|Red Onion Crop||Red Onion||1-4 Red Onions||-||-||-|
|Turnip Crop||Seeds of Turnip or Turnip||5-18 Seeds of Turnip (Stage 3)
2-4 Turnips (Final Stage)
|Wheat Crop||Seeds of Wheat||5-18 Seeds of Wheat, Straw||-||-||3 Days 10 Hours|
|Yellow Onion Crop||Yellow Onion||1-4 Yellow Onions||-||-||-|
- Times listed are in real-time and assume the use of a Beehive unless noted otherwise. They will also be affected by any bonuses from inside of a Realm and by the new 'Speed Crop' bonus (See below quote from the May 29th 2018 update.).
- Wheat and Barley are unaffected by Beehives.
- Stage 1 is the initial planted stage. Nothing can be done to any crop at this stage.
- Poppies must sit 24 Hours or more in stage 5 (ready to harvest) before pods will start to appear instead of flowers.
- A quote from Jorb, from patch/update. "Made it so that crops no longer need to be harvested the second they finish in order [to] achieve their minimum cycle time. Whenever you destroy or harvest a crop the time the crop harvested had spent in the last growth stage is saved per tile or trellis. That time, up to a point, will then be added to your next planting on that tile. Do note that if you do not replant within a certain period, the retained time will be lost. Replanting within 3 RL days of the crop reaching its final growth stage should not lose you any time."
- (Just in case: direct crops-table edit-link)