Farming also refers to an incrementable ability.
Farming and quality of seeds
The quality of planted crops is based upon the quality of the planted seed with a [-5, +5] random range limited by space, time, and the farmer's farming ability level.
- Each batch of a crop which is planted in the same area (~2 minimaps), time (~2 hours), and of the same type (carrots, peas, barley, etc), will be given the same random quality modification uniformly, and planted tiles of that batch will thus all have their quality affected in the same way.
Harvesting is not affected by the farming skill. However, it is affected by skills that add additional seeds - Gardening, Plant Lore and Druidic Rite; you will not get additional seeds if the harvesting character lacks these skills.
To maximize quality gain, it is advisable to take any given quality of seed and split it up into multiple plantings. With maximum skills, plants will yield three times their number in plantings-worth of seed. Planting in three phases, at least 5 hours apart will give you three chances to score the +5. Whatever the results, the highest quality seed will be sufficient to repeat the planting. If expanding the crops is a priority, two plantings leaves enough seed to expand each planting by 50%. This method avoids the downside of a bad RNG result unless all three plantings roll poorly (which is unlikely). Therefore, doing this will consistently increase average seed quality, and thus product quality, over time.
Watered by sweat there grew,
Golden in Autumn, that Spring,
Where winds did play and hide,
In sun-kissed Wheat and Barley.
Your hands lie heavy on plow and scythe, clawing in your palms the furrows of age and hard labor. You know how to till and plow, and how to plant seeds.
What it does
dventure > La dscaping > Hand low
- Plows squares of furrowed soil that can be used to plant crops. Furrowed soil is not needed to plant trees, however. Plowing by hand uses more stamina than using the Plow item.
uild > ontainers raft > lothes & Equipment > ats & Headwear raft > rocessing & Materials
- Grind Flour
Planting and Harvesting
- To plant seeds you must first create a plowed field.
- LEFT CLICK the seeds in your inventory and then RIGHT CLICK on the plowed field you wish to plant them on.
- SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK on a seed, your cursor will change then select an area to plant.
- You may use a bucket to hold up to 1000 seeds
- RIGHT CLICK on a crop to harvest
- SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK on a crop, your cursor will change then select an area to harvest from
- Seeds will automatically stack into a bucket if equipped
As of World 8, seeds of the same crop can stack (up to 50 in the inventory, 1000 in a bucket and 10000 in a barrel) if they have the same qualities. If you mix seeds with different qualities together, using a bucket or barrel, the resulting quality is:
You can use this to raise the overall quality of your seeds of a given crop by sacrificing higher tier seeds.
A list of crops currently in the game include:
Please note this table is incomplete; information may be missing or incorrect. These values are still based on old Haven & Hearth
- Times listed are in real-time and assume the use of a Beehive unless noted otherwise. They will also be affected by any bonuses from inside of a Realm and by the new 'Speed Crop' bonus (See below quote from the May 29th 2018 update.).
- Wheat and Barley are unaffected by Beehives.
- Stage 1 is the initial planted stage. Nothing can be done to any crop at this stage.
- Poppies must sit 24 Hours or more in stage 5 (ready to harvest) before pods will start to appear instead of flowers.
- A quote from Jorb, from patch/update. "Made it so that crops no longer need to be harvested the second they finish in order [to] achieve their minimum cycle time. Whenever you destroy or harvest a crop the time the crop harvested had spent in the last growth stage is saved per tile or trellis. That time, up to a point, will then be added to your next planting on that tile. Do note that if you do not replant within a certain period, the retained time will be lost. Replanting within 3 RL days of the crop reaching its final growth stage should not lose you any time."
- (Just in case: direct crops-table edit-link)