Difference between revisions of "Leather"
m (Text replacement - "(?i)\[\[:Category:Hides\|" to "[[:Category:Fresh Animal Hide|")
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
is the process of [[Tanning]]and [].
==How to Make Leather==
==How to Make Leather==
Latest revision as of 00:47, 24 March 2020
|Size||1 x 1|
|Object(s) Required||Prepared Animal Hide|
|Produced By||Tanning Tub and Tanning Fluid|
|Required By||Boar Tusk Helmet, (: A Beautiful Dream!, A Talking Whale, Ant Empress, Ant Hill, Ant Larvae, Ant Pupae, Ant Queen, Ant Soldiers, Anvil, Aphids, Bar of Bronze, Bar of Cast Iron, Bar of Common Metal, Bar of Silver, Bar of Steel, Bar of Wrought Iron, Battleaxe of the Twelfth Bay, Bear Salami, Beeswax, Big Bear Banger, Block of Wood, Blueberries, Boar Tusk, Boar Tusk Helmet, Board, Bone Ash, Branch, Bread, Bucket, Butter, Carpet, Cellar Cheddar, Cheese Rack, Cheese Tray, Churn, Clogs, Creamy Camembert, Curd, Cylinder Hat, Dowsing Rod, Filet of Pike, Filet of Roach, Finery Forge, Fir Cone, Fir Tree, Fire, Fox Hat, Gold Nugget, Goldbeater's Skin, Grapes... further results)|
|Go to Objects|
Leather is animal hides that have been strengthened through the process of Tanning. It is a widely used resource in early-mid game crafts and builds and is used to make things like basic armor, tools, clothing, etc, as well as used to create Hardened Leather.
How to Make Leather
In order to make leather, follow the steps below. Leather isn't exactly hard to make, but it is a time-consuming process.
- Acquire a Raw Hide from a Wild Beast.
- Dry the Raw Hide by placing it in a Drying Frame.
- Wait 14-29 real-time hours for the hide to finish drying.
- Take the Dried Hide and place it in a Tanning Tub.
- Fill Your Tanning Tub with Water.
- Gather four pieces of Treebark from a Tree.
- Right-click the Treebark into the tanning tub to create Tanning Fluid.
- Wait 30 real-time hours for the hide to turn into leather.
- Retrieve your finished leather.
- Tanning tubs need a minimum 20L of fluid to operate, but can hold up to 40L of fluid.
- As leather is produced, the volume of fluid goes down.
- Tanning Fluid is consumed upon creation of a unit of leather, not as a function of time.
- If the level of tanning fluid becomes too low, The tanning process will stop (but not reset)
- This can be seen on the tub graphic as no fluid showing. Add more tanning fluid to finish the process
- 2 Treebark or 1 Exquisite Rot is required to make 5% concentration per Tanning Tub
- While the necessary concentration of tanning fluid is 5% (2 treebark per tub), you may increase the tanning fluid concentration to 10% (9 treebark per tub).
- This has no effect on tanning speed, but if your treebark quality is higher than your water quality, you can incrase your tanning fluid quality by adding more bark.
- Each tub can hold a maximum of 4 inventory spaces of hide at a time, ie 4x Rabbit Fur, 2x Fox Hide, or 1x Aurochs Hide.
- Tanning fluid can be made directly in containers such as barrels, buckets, and tanning tubs.
Tanning Tub Q =
Tanning Fluid Q =
Leather Q =