From Ring of Brodgar
Revision as of 16:18, 7 January 2018 by Mvg bot (Text replacement - " [ ]*\|[ ]*image[ ]*=[ ]*[fF]ile:[hH]afen-.*\.png[ ]* " to " ")
How to Make Leather
In order to make leather, follow the steps below. Leather isn't exactly hard to make, but it is a time-consuming process.
- Acquire a Raw Hide from a Wild Beast.
- Dry the Raw Hide by placing it in a Drying Frame.
- Wait 8-24 real-time hours for the hide to finish drying.
- Take the Dried Hide and place it in a Tanning Tub.
- Fill Your Tanning Tub with Water.
- Gather four pieces of Treebark from a Tree.
- Right-click the Treebark into the tanning tub to create Tanning Fluid.
- Wait 30 real-time hours for the hide to turn into leather.
- Retrieve your finished leather.
- Tanning tubs need a minimum 20L of fluid to operate, but can hold up to 40L of fluid.
- As leather is produced, the volume of fluid goes down.
- Tanning Fluid is consumed upon creation of a unit of leather, not as a function of time.
- If the level of tanning fluid becomes too low, The tanning process will stop (but not reset)
- This can be seen on the tub graphic as no fluid showing. Add more tanning fluid to finish the process
- 4 treebark or 1 Exquisite Rot is required to make 5% concentration per Tanning Tub
- While the necessary concentration of tanning fluid is 5% (4 treebark per tub), you may increase the tanning fluid concentration to 10% (9 treebark per tub).
- This has no effect on tanning speed, but if your treebark quality is higher than your water quality, you can incrase your tanning fluid quality by adding more bark.
- Each tub can hold a maximum of 4 inventory spaces of hide at a time, ie 4x Rabbit Fur, 2x Fox Hide, or 1x Aurochs Hide.
- Tanning fluid can be made directly in containers such as barrels, buckets, and tanning tubs.
Tanning Tub Q =
Tanning Fluid Q =
Leather Q =