Ring of Brodgar:Administrators
Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki.
Some of these additional functions include:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
- Applying global wiki text search and replacements.
Who are this wiki's administrators?
For a complete list of users with administrator access, see Special:Listusers/sysop.
Master of the Universe:
- Spiff - RoB-wiki Founder, Hoster and Wiki Bureaucrat. (On emergency call by active RoB admins)
Sleeper Agents: (Not actively involved, but still around)
- Borka - Old RoB Admin. Still hanging around in game forum, if needed.
Retired Agents: (No longer active at RoB or Game)
- ApocalypsePlease - Retired: 28 November 2015, Last contact: 20 December 2016.
- DatOneGuy - Retired & Last contact: 4 June 2011.
External RoB hotline:
Becoming an administrator
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one, In this case Spiff. Contact one of the availeble administrators to get in touch with Spiff.
What can administrators not do?
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.