Attributes, alongside Abilities determine how well a character can perform various tasks, like crafting, foraging and combat. Attributes are raised by eating to gain Food Event Points (FEPs). See the FEP Table for a list of all foods and their FEPs.
They also can be temporarily raised, or lowered, by wearing certain pieces of Equipment i.e., clothing, jewelry. (See also Equipment Table). When raised the attributes value appears green next to the actual/base number, displayed in white. As stated, certain clothing, or wounds even, can temporarily lower an attribute from its base. Whenever it is lowered lower than its base it will appear red aside of the base number.
- Affects damage inflicted by melee weapons or unarmed attacks.
- Affects Mining Ability as Pickaxes count as double their quality in the calculation.
- Affects your ability to destroy objects, by (Adventuring -> Destroy) or using a Battering Ram. Stone axe adds 1 damage, a Pickaxe adds 2 damage, and a Sledgehammer adds 4. Your damage is calculated by sqrt(Strength).
- In conjunction with Smithing, softcaps the quality of objects crafted with Metal Working and Steelmaking.
Equipment which modifies Strength
- Affects Travel Weariness when using a Charter Stone.
- Decrease enemy minimum ranged damage against their perception
- Having higher agility than your opponent decreases your attack cooldowns in close combat, and increases the opponents attack cooldowns by the same amount.
Equipment which modifies Agility
Equipment which modifies Intelligence
The formula for calculating MHP is: .
- for example, if CON is 10 (baseline), your MHP is . , which is 100.
- if con is 100: . = 316
Equipment which modifies Constitution
- Used when Foraging to find foragables and the detection of criminal Scents
- Affects the quality of unbaked goods: dough is soft-capped by .
- Increases your minimum ranged damage, lowered by enemy's agility.
Equipment which modifies Perception
- Affects your authority gain in conjunction with Intelligence.
- Affects the maximum number of players allowed in your party.
- Affects reward from quests
- Provides a bonus when feasting at a Bonfire.
Equipment which modifies Charisma
- Affects the quality of objects crafted with Pottery.
- Affects the quality of sausages and baking in conjunction with cooking.
- In conjunction with Sewing, affects the quality of objects crafted with Sewing and Tanning.
Equipment which modifies Dexterity
- Will is intended as a measure of the character's ability to force him/herself through the roughs and toughs.
- Used in many crafts
- Expand fishing menu when using Primitive Casting-Rod with a formula: Slot menu =
Equipment which modifies will
- In conjunction with Smithing, affects the quality of Jewelry
- Affects the crafting of specific items, such as Bear Tooth Talisman, as well as all items that uses silk.
Equipment which modifies Psyche