Ring of Brodgar:Community Portal
Welcome to Ring of Brodgar! The Community Portal is where this wiki community comes together to organize and discuss projects for the wiki. To see the most recent discussions, click the Discussion tab above.
You can find out more general information about the wiki on the About page.
General Wiki stuff
New to wikis?
- If you are new to wikis, you may want to read the tutorial.
- There is some advice on getting this wiki started at Help:Starting this wiki.
- A list of most help pages can be found on Help:Contents and in Category:Help.
How to help out
- If you want to help but you're not sure where to start, try improving the various stub articles by adding content.
- Another helpful activity would be to check the list of wanted pages for frequently linked-to articles that don't exist yet.
- To follow the changes to this wiki, and to look out for new users and edits use recent changes.
- You can find a list of useful templates on Category:Templates, some of which are documented on Ring of Brodgar:Templates.
- If you need help editing, you could start with Help:Editing or the tutorial.
Want to discuss stuff?
- If you want to discuss anything specific to an article, you can use the "Discussion" page for that article.
- For more general discussions you can use the Discussion tab of this page, or a Forum if the forums have been set up.
Things to do
Some other interesting pages
- Want to find out what you've done so far? Visit your contributions page.
- Find out more about the wiki on Special:Statistics and Special:Version!
General Game stuff
The item list on the page about Foraging has some perception*exploration values that are inconsistent with what the respective item's own page says. For example, the Foraging table has Thorny Thistle found at 121 p*e, but its page says 96 p*e.
- Yep. It would be very nice if that info was handled by a SMW template. I thought about making one, but alas, I'm overly lazy... --Theodor 22:29, 9 April 2011 (CDT)
Social content, wars, conflicts etc.?
I feel like the game, and the wiki, would be a lot better if we started documenting conflicts, large villages, and alliances in the style of wikipedia country pages (albeit simplified) and conflict pages (also simplified). I'd be willing to write these article as the social aspect of the game is important, if not the most important aspect of the game.
I know there's been an unspoken rule against doing so on this wiki and the one before it, but I don't really see why good articles with proper citations should be blocked if they document in game social events. User:Monkeytofu
What do you think about a page that will describe history of H&H? For example: when H&H was created, when different worlds were created, what were major changes, (possible) reasons of resets, etc. I think it would be interesting to read.
Maybe I would try to create such a page by myself but my English sucks and I think there are many people who can explain things better. Latior 17:05, 28 March 2011 (CDT)
I think as long as we get approval from admins, any attempts at keeping track of social aspects would be welcome as anyone could edit them if they weren't good enough.
It would be good if the cite extension was added. --ArvinJA 20:14, 29 December 2011 (EST)
Would commonly used abbreviations be something useful to add to the wiki (IE: wtb: want to buy, etc), and under what section should it be placed under? Glossary? -DDDsDD999
I propose a new category: Game Mechanics as to list pages such as Discovery and Death and a few other pages that are currently uncategorized. I don't know how to properly link to that page. This would be a good way to introduce a new player to the game and its many mechanics. I'd also like new editors to look at the SpecialPages and work on what is there as I love organization for some reason. --Deadguy60 06:27, 21 May 2012 (EDT)
I suppose that all pages relating to the game itself should be in Category:Content. There could possibly a category for things where a formula isn't exactly known but I could guess those pages are few. Only thing that could be related that I can think of is fishing. Not important enough for someone to care enough to research more about it. --Deadguy60 19:50, 23 May 2012 (EDT)
- Formula category: mmm ... maybe. --MvGulik 10:30, 24 May 2012 (EDT)
I think there needs to be a list like the Curiosity Table that shows what you can begin to find when your Exp*Perc gets to a certain level.
- Sounds like a good enough idea to me. Forageables Table, perhaps. Or a table in the category? Foetuses 20:09, 28 May 2012 (EDT)
Either one. I see that there is a forageable table, but maybe add a column on the curiosity table as to what your perc*exp needs to be so you dont have to switch back and forth
- I don't think that'd be best, as not a lot of curios actually have a required PER*EXP rate to find, anyway.