|Size||6 x 2|
|Storage Size||5 x 5|
|Skill(s) Required||Boat Building|
|Object(s) Required||Rope x10, Cloth x15, Tarsticks x10, Bone Glue x5, Board x60, Block of Wood x25|
|Can be Locked||Yes|
|Go to Objects|
|uild > ehicles & Movables > nekkja|
The Snekkja is a fast transport ship, capable of carrying 4 people and 16 units of cargo, such as bodies or chests. It also has a 5x5 inventory space for individual items. The Snekkja has a base speed of ??, which increases asymptotically toward ?? with increased quality, and loosing all bonus in deep ocean. It is by default faster than a Knarr on standard shallow and deep water and in shallow and deep oceans, but the knarr is faster on the extra deep High Seas which will destroy lesser boats.
It has to be constructed in water. Only one person is required to operate it. A Wooden Lock, Metal Lock or Steel Lock can be installed into it to allow only people with the key to move it. Additionally, a Snekkja cannot be lockpicked, meaning that when any lock has been installed, there is no way to steal a Snekkja. Cargo remains unsecured and is completely free for grabs when Snekkja is outside a Claim.
If damaged, Tarsticks can be used to repair a Snekkja.
"The Snekkja is a small, oceangoing ship, capable of ferrying 4 people and 16 units of cargo. The speed of the Snekkja increases with its quality. The Snekkja is faster than the Knarr on shallow and deep water. The Knarr is faster on the high seas. The Snekkja can be docked at a dock, much like the Knarr, and it can also be locked. The Snekkja does not, however, require siege machines to destroy." ~jorb
- Snekkja travels faster in Shallow Water compared to Knarr, therefore it is the premier vessel of choice for those who travel more often through rivers, lakes, and the coasts. Do note that Knarr still travel faster in Deep Water.
- Snekkja can be destroyed by hand or regular tools with enough Strength, so it is always recommended to park them within boundary of an active Personal Claim or Village Claim to deter Vandalism from other players.
- Players can teleport themselves and their Snekkja back to a Dock if they have one set for their ship.
- Create attuned lock and hold on to the master key. See Locks & Bolts.
- Have attuned lock ready to install immediately after you finish the construction of the Snekkja.
Proceed with extreme caution as there is no way to remove a lock if you installed a wrong one. This is only applicable to already attuned locks that you do not have the master key. You normally shouldn't have any lying around but there have been multiple threads on forums about this happening, so here's this warning.
- Create Slave Keys for people you wish to be able to use the Snekkja. Avoid carrying these outside walls when not necessary.
- If you are attacked while sailing the Knarr and seems like you can't escape, it's highly recommended to drops the Slave Key into water so that the Knarr can't be hijacked.