Required_By Fishing skill list
The Required_By listing for the fishing skill is pretty massive. One reason for it size is that it included Dried-Filet and fish related Spitroasts.
I wonder, considering Fish Filet's themself are not included in the list, if Dried-Filet's and fish related Spitroasts actually required the fishing skill.
- If a character, specifically without the fishing skill, can turn a:
- raw fish into a Spitroast. Spitroasts don't need the fishing skill.
- raw filet into a Dried-Filet. Dried-Filet don't need the fishing skill.
--.MvGulik. 13:19, 9 February 2019 (EST)
Fishing Research Chart
Please fill in here what fish you find, what lure you used, what time and what moon phase you found it during. Once we have enough data, we can correlated and collapse this into a far more readable chart.
Note: This Charts data is from before 2016, and should not be relied on for W11 research. --.MvGulik. 13:19, 9 February 2019 (EST)
|Fish (aprox rarity)||Lure||Time||Moon||Location|
|Asp||Entrails||03:05||New Moon||Lake Depth|
|Bream(100%)||Tin Fly||13-14||New Moon||River Shallows\Depths|
|Bream(100%)||Poppy Wobbler||16-16:30||New Moon||Lake Shallows\Depths|
|Bream (common)||Leech||9-13||Waning Gibbous||Lake Shallows|
|Bream||Intestines||3-4||Waning Gibbous||Lake Shallows|
|Brill||Leech||9-13||Waning Gibbous||Lake Depths|
|Brill||Intestines||3-4||Waning Gibbous||Lake Depths|
|Brill||Intestines||9-10||Waxing Crescent||Lake Shallows|
|Brill(100%)||Poppy Wobbler||19:20-20||Waxing Gibbous||River Shallows\Depths|
|Eel||Leech||9-13||Waning Gibbous||Lake Depths|
|Eel||Leech||4-5||Waning Gibbous||Lake Depths|
|Eel||Entrails||23:31||Waning Crescent||Lake Depth|
|Eel||Entrails||00:57||New Moon||Lake Depth|
|Lavaret||Entrails||01:26||New Moon||Lake Depth|
|Lavaret||Entrails||03:58||New Moon||Lake Depth|
|Perch(50%)||Bloated Leech||6-7||Waxing Crescent||Lake Shallows|
|Perch(50%)||Rock Lobster||6-7||Waxing Crescent||Lake Shallows|
|Perch(100%)||Lobster Lure||3-3:30||Waxing Crescent||Lake Shallows|
|Perch(100%)||Bloated Leech\Leech||18-19:20||Waxing Gibbous||River Shallows\Depths|
|Perch(100%)||Poppy Wobbler,Earthworm,Woodfish,Rock Lobster,Pinecone Plug||12-15||New Moon||River Shallows\Depths|
|Perch(100%)||Tin Fly,Pinecone Plug,Woodfish||16-17||New Moon||Lake Depths|
|Perch||Entrails||05:36||New Moon||Lake Depth|
|Pike (1:5)||Leech||9-13||Waning Gibbous||Lake Shallows|
|Pike||Copper Comet||20-22||Waxing Crescent||Lake Shallows|
|Pike(100%)||Lobster Lure||00-3||Waxing Crescent||Lake Shallows|
|Pike(50%)||Bloated Leech||6-7||Waxing Crescent||Lake Shallows|
|Pike(50%)||Rock Lobster||6-7||Waxing Crescent||Lake Shallows|
|Pike(100%)||Tin Fly,Pinecone Plug,Woodfish||16-17||New Moon||Lake Shallows|
|Plaice (1:20)||Leech||9-10||Waning Gibbous||Lake Shallows|
|Plaice||Intestines||3-4||Waning Gibbous||Lake Shallows|
|Roach||Leech||12-13||Waning Gibbous||Lake Depths|
|Roach||Leech||4-5||Waning Gibbous||Lake Depths|
|Roach||Entrails||23:40||Waning Crescent||Lake Depth|
|Roach||Intestines||15-16||Last Quarter||Lake Shallows|
|Roach||Entrails||00:49||New Moon||Lake Depth|
|Roach||Entrails||02:28||New Moon||Lake Depth|
|Roach||Entrails||02:56||New Moon||Lake Depth|
|Roach||Entrails||03:59||New Moon||Lake Depth|
|Roach||Entrails||04:24||New Moon||Lake Depth|
|Roach||Entrails||05:24||New Moon||Lake Depth|
|Roach||Entrails||05:58||New Moon||Lake Depth|
|Ruffe||Entrails||03:24||New Moon||Lake Depth|
|Salmon||Entrails||00:16||New Moon||Lake Depth|
|Salmon||Entrails||03:15||New Moon||Lake Depth|
|Salmon||Entrails||05:06||New Moon||Lake Depth|
|Smelt||Entrails||00:05||New Moon||Lake Depth|
|Smelt||Entrails||01:09||New Moon||Lake Depth|
|Smelt||Entrails||03:50||New Moon||Lake Depth|
Some pieces for potential page expansion
Baits that are easy to acquire in early game
- Bloated Leech
- easy to acquire, swamps are quite common. However gathering them is a strain to your Hitpoints that start rather limited. They drain your SHP every time they bite and also have chance to deal HHP damage in the form of leech burns. You won't regenerate SHP unless you have more than 8000 Energy, which can be hard to acquire, especially if one seeks to avoid sub-optimal foods in order to not fill the hunger (more accurately described as appetite) bar too fast.
- can be easy to acquire if you find a flock of chickens. They let you catch them without running away. Killing and butchering chickens also yields feathers and bone that are quite useful.
- relatively hard to acquire as you need to dig soil, which is an Energy intensive activity. However if you need to Terraform something anyway, you can get these as useful byproduct. Compost Bin also spawns Earthworms, but requires Bone Glue to build and produces Mulch most of the time.
Early game fishing provides some much needed Learning Points as well, in the form of Discoveries as you catch and butcher different types of fish for the first time.
Catching and eating Plaice is often recommended to increase Perception, a hard-to-raise stat in the early game. Testing the waters around you can be worth your time, especially with the aforementioned LP bonuses, but shouldn't be your immediate primary goal.
(--Vatas] 11 January 2019)