Jump to navigation Jump to search
To include a file in a page, use a link in one of the following forms:
[[File:File.jpg]]to use the full version of the file
[[File:File.png|200px|thumb|left|alt text]]to use a 200 pixel wide rendition in a box in the left margin with "alt text" as description
[[Media:File.ogg]]for directly linking to the file without displaying the file
To Avoid Multiple Reuploads
IMPORTANT: AT LEAST READ THIS (ONES) BEFORE UPLOADING OR YOU WILL END UP REUPLOADING MANY TIMES.
After uploading new versions of images, most browsers will still show their own cached version of the file, making you think that the upload failed for some reason.
To avoid this, do one of the following after uploading your new version:
- Internet Explorer: hold down the Ctrl key and click the Refresh or Reload button, or press Ctrl+F5.
- Firefox: hold down the Shift key while clicking Reload; alternatively press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl-Shift-R.
- Opera users have to clear their caches through Tools->Preferences
- Konqueror and Safari users can just click the Reload button.
- Chrome: press Ctrl+F5 or Shift+F5