Ring of Brodgar:Community Portal
Welcome to Ring of Brodgar! The Community Portal is where this wiki community comes together to organize and discuss projects for the wiki. To see the most recent discussions, click the Discussion tab above.
(deemed generally outdated. Should probably go somewhere else, in a different form.)
Pages/concepts that need work
- Gardening/ Garden Pots (Growth time + quality calcuations)
- More information needed for PClaims, Villages, and Realms (See the village box at the bottom of those pages for what subjects need to be updated and created
- Finish adding information to Terrain pages
- Finish adding information to all Tree pages
- Add proper metaobj tags to Category:Gilding Objects for automatic list population (see Fine Feather Brooch as an example) - Completed! Thanks KitsuneG
- All Things Gems (further discussion might be required. a separate page for each gem would require over 500 pages) - A solid foundation created with the help of Romovs
- Figure out how to link infobox terrain and infobox tree to infobox metaobj for automatic population of trees, plants, and animals
- To follow the changes to this wiki see the Recent Changes page.
- If you need help editing, you could start with Ring of Brodgar talk:Community Portal.
- For more information on how we want pages to be formatted check the Article Standards
- For more information on how pages can be formatted check the Manual of Style
- The main infobox template is the Template:Infobox metaobj. See AllPages for other available infobox templates.
Things You can Do
- Useful activities
- Help expand some article stubs.
- Locate and mark pages that need expanding as article stubs.
- Create links to some orphaned pages.
- Upload and add some images! Visit Special:Upload. Add them to a category too, like [[Category:Images]].
- Write a new article that's on the the wanted list!
- Fix any double redirects by redirecting the first page to the third page.
- Check for broken redirects and either mark them for deletion or find a more appropriate target.
- Consider splitting up very long pages into different pages or subpages.
- Create some links on dead end pages.
- Update or verify some unknown or unsure information.
- Other useful special pages
- Category:Article stubs
- Category:Verification Calls
- Category:Pages with broken file links
(See Special:SpecialPages for more special pages.)
- Want to find out what you've done so far? Visit your contributions page.
- Find out more about the wiki on Special:Statistics and Special:Version!
- For playing around with wiki editing, formating, or other RoB stuff. There is a general RoB Sandbox page.
Available general templates (wip)
|Verify||Verification_Calls||(needs some additional documentation)|
|Patch||(Game_Updates = available titles)||Patch related forum link box(inline).|
|HFL||-||HFL: HnH Forum Link box(inline).|
|Quote||-||General quoting support.|
|GM||(Property:Test_Text = raw data dump)||GM: Game Menu box.|
|Pagenotice||Pagenotice||A more general verify-type scheme.|
- Symptom: Changes in one page are not 'immediately' showing up in another related/effected pages. (general MediaWiki feature)
- To force a direct page-update for related/affected pages, for quick debugging purposes, one would use a Null-edit on those pages.
- (Without a Null-edit those page will update at a later time)
- Small, hard to read wiki formula:
- Having an empty line before and after the math formula will display formulas in a bigger style.
In-Game names versus RoB-Wiki used names
When it comes to in-game names, the general rule it to stick to those at RoB-wiki.
But there are some exceptions where RoB-wiki uses a different name than the used in-game name.
Those exceptions are listed at the Game_v_RoB_name_changes page.
Some basic wiki stuff (wip)
- Talk_Standards (wip)