Ring of Brodgar:Community Portal
- 1 Creating a new page? Perhaps we already have a template for it. Check Here.
- 2 Tasks Left
- 3 How to Help Out
- 4 Things You can Do
- 5 In-Game names versus RoB-Wiki used names
- 6 Properties and #ask queries
Welcome to Ring of Brodgar! The Community Portal is where this wiki community comes together to organize and discuss projects for the wiki. To see the most recent discussions, click the Discussion tab above.
Creating a new page? Perhaps we already have a template for it. Check Here.
Pages/concepts that need work
- Gardening/ Garden Pots (Growth time + quality calcuations)
- More information needed for PClaims, Villages, and Realms (See the village box at the bottom of those pages for what subjects need to be updated and created
- Finish creating all Terrain pages
- Finish adding information to all Tree pages
- Add proper metaobj tags to Category:Gilding Objects for automatic list population (see Fine Feather Brooch as an example) - Completed! Thanks KitsuneG
- All Things Gems (further discussion might be required. a separate page for each gem would require over 500 pages) - A solid foundation created with the help of Romovs
- Figure out how to link infobox terrain and infobox tree to infobox metaobj for automatic population of trees, plants, and animals
How to Help Out
- To follow the changes to this wiki, and to look out for new users and edits, visit the Recent Changes.
- You can find a list of useful templates on Template:Infobox metaobj
- If you need help editing, you could start with Ring of Brodgar talk:Community Portal.
- For more information on how we want pages to be formatted check the Article Standards
- For more information on how pages can be formatted check the Manual of Style
- Make smart use of the wiki edit-summary feature to make edits easier to follow/track/group for other contributers.
Things You can Do
(See Special:SpecialPages for more special pages.)
- Want to find out what you've done so far? Visit your contributions page.
- Find out more about the wiki on Special:Statistics and Special:Version!
- For playing around with wiki editing, formating, or other RoB stuff. There is a general RoB Sandbox page.
Available general templates (wip)
|Verify||Verification_Calls||(needs some additional documentation)|
|Patch||(Game_Updates = available titles)||Patch related forum link box(inline).|
|HFL||-||HFL: HnH Forum Link box(inline).|
|Quote||-||General quoting support.|
|GM||(Property:Test_Text = raw data dump)||GM: Game Menu box.|
|Pagenotice||Pagenotice||A more general verify-type scheme.|
- Symptom: Changes in one page are not 'immediately' showing up in another related/effected pages. (general MediaWiki feature)
- To force a direct page-update for related/affected pages, for quick debugging purposes, one would use a Null-edit on those pages.
- (Without a Null-edit those page will update at a later time)
- Reuploaded image wont change
- Open the image in a separate tab and refresh your browser.
- Small, hard to read wiki formula:
- Having an empty line before and after the math formula will display formulas in a bigger style.
Useful reading (Wiki generals)
- Wikipedia:Signatures: General info about using wiki-signature (When, Why, and How).
Other potential useful stuff
- tab2wiki Online tool. General spreadsheet(Tab-delimited text-copy) to wiki-table converter. Some minor post-editing might still be required, but it will take care of the bulk.
In-Game names versus RoB-Wiki used names
When it comes to in-game names, the general rule it to stick to those at RoB-wiki.
But there are some exceptions where RoB-wiki uses a different name than the used in-game name.
Those exceptions are listed at the Game_v_RoB_name_changes page.
Properties and #ask queries
RoB wiki uses the Semantic MediaWiki extension. This adds some additional feature to the basic Mediawiki like the Property and #ask features.
One down side here is that Semantic annotations needs to be enables for a given Mediawiki name-space to be able to 1) set Properties in the pages in that name-space, and 2) that #ask queries are limited to returning pages (cataloged) from those Semantic annotations enabled name-spaces.
Current rundown on Semantic annotations per name-space (--.MvGulik. 23:47, 30 November 2017 (EST))
- Ring of Brodgar.
- Ring of Brodgar talk. (seems special case)(still off on discussion pages)
- File (image)
Not enabled on:
- Talk (Main talk) ... same on all talk/discussion pages in all parent name-spaces.
- Legacy ... ie: no setting of Properties and not returning pages from this name-space in #ask queries.
The workaround, when needed (mainly for page administration purposes) is to use Categories and the Category-list pages.