Deduced Minimal Visibility Value
- Short version
- Based on the below equation: (if I did not mess up the Math of course)
- One should be able to approximate the minimal visibility value for a given forageable type.
- (This only works for a character which Per*Exp value lies somewhere inside the [Vmin..Vmax] range for the given forageable type.
- Vmin: minimum visibility value (deduced/approximated)
- Vratio: (Vhits / Vtot)
- - Vhits: number of hits where the item was visible.
- - Vtot: number of total tries.
- One would move forward and backwards to a given forageable item (plenty of times), so that the item of interest moves inside and outside the characters sight.
- While turfing if the item shows up, or not. Vhits would be the number of times the item showed up, and Vtot would be the total tries.
- - If one would get only ones's, or zero's, the characters Per*Exp value is (probably) outside the target range. (only session with mixed one's and zero's are of any use)
- Because this Vmin probing depends on data from lots of tries ... its only recommended to try this in an automated way. (highly boring too I imagine if done manual)
- I imagine there is a fair share of uncertainty involved here ... but putting that part into numbers falls a bit outside my abilities.
So ... Just in case:
|(example)||12||34||5/66||--.MvGulik. 14:32, 18 October 2018 (EDT)|
The table cannot exceed further on page, need to click "further results" how to fix that?
Nwm - found solution.
- Good to see you found the solution. (overlooked your message, as I kinda run out of steam after Silk Thread (-_-)zZz) --.MvGulik. 14:12, 29 January 2019 (EST)
Spawn seasons (in a case we want to publish such info at wiki):
Where should this data be stored, in a forage properties? How should it be formatted? --(Not a cat 12 November 2019)
- For starters I think a plain table like this is fine.
- I'm not sure yet about the property part. Saving to a property only makes sense when that data is/needs to be used on other/multiple pages. I'll have to think about that again.
- --.MvGulik. 03:02, 13 November 2019 (EST)