Seems objects that block the leveling action can use a bit of further looking at.
- Trees: None stopping (leveling process works around them), Solid, not liftable, Not build.
- Rope-walk: None stopping (leveling process works around them), Solid, not liftable, build.
- Hollow tree trunk: None stopping (leveling process works around them), Solid, liftable, not build.
- Normal Tree trunk: (not sure)
- Stockpiles: Stopping, Solid, not liftable, build (kinda).
- Crate: (not sure), Solid, liftable, build.
Overall it seemed the stockpile was the main leveling-process stopping object.
--.MvGulik. 20:23, 2 December 2019 (EST)
Limit & Timings
- Not sure what the "new status" is about, but according to Loftar's memory, surveys should last 3 days. (Admittedly even the topic I linked has a complaint of them lasting :over a week, but as they were presumably placed by a bot, it could have also renewed them?)
- Also removing a survey flag will restore your survey pool by one if it's below 5.
- --Vatas (talk) 06:30, 26 December 2019 (EST)
- Thanks for links.
- (new status) At some time I had more then 5 surveys open when I hit that survey day-limit. 5 new ones, and some older one. ... "day-limit" kinda suggests it has a shorter time limit than the natural survey expiration time of 3 days.
- Or alternatively, probably technically more correct, that "day-limit" has its own expiration time. probably one day, given its name.
- --.MvGulik. 11:11, 26 December 2019 (EST)
- Mmm, seems survey limit work differently than imagined. Seem like there is a general slow countdown applied to a characters survey value.
- After dropping 5 surveys (all 5 in a relative small time span), I could add nr-6 about one gt-day later. nr-7 an other gt-day later, and same for nr-8.
- Limit value could be int or float. ... probably float, although that seems not relative so far.
- --.MvGulik. 13:32, 27 December 2019 (EST)
- Technical rundown:
- Characters have a survey value. Which, when at zero, means the character can place 5 surveys. And when higher than 4, blocks placing a new survey.
- Creating a survey increases the survey value by one, deleting a survey decreases the survey value by one. (Mmm?:created by any character)
- The survey value decreases also over time on its own, at a rate of 1 per ~15450 seconds(Rt) (or 1 per 4.29 hours(Rt) (4h:17min) )
- Trivia: Based on a survey decay time of 3 days(Rt) that would mean a theoretical max of 21 survey's (with around 3h:20min to spare before nr-1 disappears)
- --.MvGulik. 12:18, 28 December 2019 (EST)
- Pending recalculation or additional test-case: Survey duration is definitively shorter than 3 days (more like 2 days Rt). But when keeping an eye on one that should have disappeared, it stuck around way to long. Ergo: Auto survey removal 'could' potentially be map-unloading related. (Spotted a bit late that first 5 planted survey's where gone when survey 17 was dropped) --.MvGulik. 03:52, 30 December 2019 (EST)
Deleting survey's (details): Creating 5 survey's. Than deleting 6 survey's. Leaves you with still only 5 new survey's to be created. (ergo: heartlings survey's value is clamped to a minimum value of zero).
Which heartling created a deleted survey don't matters.
--.MvGulik. 01:42, 21 January 2020 (EST)