|dventure > La dscaping > Sur ey Land|
A Survey allows you to designate an area for leveling.
Click and drag with the tool to specify a rectangle, and your character will walk towards the center of this rectangle to place a flag. Once the flag is placed, the GUI will automatically appear. After closing the GUI or walking outside the range of the Survey, you can interact with the flag to bring the GUI back up.
The GUI has 3 main components: A slider bar to determine the desired height, a "Make Level" button that will command your hearthling to attempt to make the land the desired height, and a "Remove" button to remove the Survey. Above these three components are four informational lines:
- Area: How large, in grid squares, the Survey is.(Maximum side length is 31 tiles. Ergo: Max area is 31x31 tiles (32x32 points))
- Peak to trough: The vertical distance between the highest and lowest points within the Survey.
- Units of soil left over/Units of soil required: The difference between soil to dig and soil required.
- If your hearthling will be digging more soil than placing, this is how much space you'll need to store soil.
- If your hearthling will be placing more soil than they remove, this is how much extra soil will be required.
- Units of soil to dig: How much soil, in total, the hearthling will be digging up.
Stockpiles of soil within the borders of the Survey will be used by the Survey, both for holding dug soil and for supplying soil to place. This can be very helpful, as the hearthling's inventory will not limit how much can be dug/placed in one run.
While the GUI is visible, two elements are also made visible in the world:
- A red rectangle showing the size and resulting height of the Survey. (Can become partially or fully hidden if below ground)
- Colored squares along the grid lines. The color of the square tells you what needs done at that point:
- Blue squares indicate a spot below the desired height.
- Green squares indicate a spot level with the desired height.
- Purple squares indicate a spot above the desired height.
Once the Make Level button is clicked, your hearthling will move fully autonomously, digging and placing dirt as necessary without further input.
The following events will stop your hearthling:
- Stamina reaching 20% or below - Drink Water to restore stamina.
- Running out of Soil while filling - Place a Stockpile of Soil within the Survey and your hearthling will use the soil from the stockpile.
- Running into any stockpile for sure. (Wip/Talk).
- A planted survey expire after ~2 days.
- A heartling has a maximum survey pool of 5 survey's.
- The survey pool is refilled by 1 around every
. (~5.6 survey's per real-day)
- Deleted survey's are added back to the survey pool of the deleting heartling. (up to its maximum of 5)
- The occasionally dug up Earthworm also count as soil. Take care if you like to keep those.
- (Soil can be manually put back into the ground (instead of dropping it), raising a tile point's level)
- (This can also be done with earthworms and rocks)
- (Soil, and assuming worms, left on soft ground will also be automatically absorbed by the ground, raising it. (takes (?:3..9) minutes(rt)))
- (Also works in winter with snow covered ground.)
- (Rocks are not automatically absorbed by the ground)
- Fixed in update Jorb: "Pushing "Make level" in a land survey should now properly abort drinking, open containers, &c."