|Size||1 x 1|
|Skill(s) RequiredSpecific needed skills.<br>The default skills every Heartling starts off with, Oral Tradition, Primitive Tools & Wilderness Survival), are ignored.||Hunting|
|Required By||(6) Ant Empress, Ant Larvae, Ant Pupae, Ant Queen, Ant Soldiers, Aphids|
|Can be Lifted||No|
|Go to Objects|
Ant hills are found on any Forest terrain or inside Ant Hill Dungeon, and can be raided by right clicking the mound and selecting Raid. Ant hills are a source for low FEP edible insects; Ant Soldiers and Ant Larvae are commonly found, Aphids and Ant Pupae are uncommonly found, while the Ant Empress and Ant Queen are rarely found. Be aware, it is common for wandering swarms of Ants to be guarding the Ant Hill, and raiding the ant hill results in the ant swarms attacking. For this reason, if you wish to combat the ants, it's best to fight them one-on-one first before beginning your raid on the anthill.
If you are fairly new, there are a number of good strategies to employ if you need ants to eat or study from an Ant Hill:
1) If you have some combat skills and have raised your combat abilities, simply kill the ants guarding the Ant Hill one by one before raiding it. This is a fairly easy fight, but don't be afraid to back off if things go wrong. You may wish to review combat mechanics here on the wiki before fighting.
2) A reliable way for newbies to raid ants involves starting the raid, then quickly run far away before the guard swarms can hit you, and then let them start to catch up to you again. Once you have drawn the ants far enough away from the Ant Hill, run back and continue raiding it. Ants are slow, and as long as you ran far enough away, you should be done raiding and gone by the time they get back. If you attempt this method, note that it takes approximately 10 seconds to fully raid an Ant Hill, so give yourself enough distance between the guard swarms and the Ant Hill when running back to finish the raid.
3) A variation of number 2. Have a friend raid the ant hill and run away, as soon as he starts the raid, you raid the anthill yourself. After which both of you can escape on foot or by boat.
It is not recommended to ignore the Ants while trying to raid the Ant Hill as they will interrupt your raid.
- The base quality of edible ants recovered in a raid is directly related to soil quality.
- The final quality of the ants is hardcapped by Survival. With a fixed minimum quality of 10 (for last part).
- Added Ant Hill Dungeons. Occasionally when you raid Anthills, they may reveal themselves to be more than they first appeared. Key dropping rooms will continue to spawn enemies indefinitely. The ants are otherwise fairly weak." >"