|Size||3 x 3|
|Object(s) Required||Clay x45|
|Required By||Ashes, Bone Ash, Brick, Clay Jar, Clay Pipe, Earthenware Platter, Fishwrap, Fruitroast, Garden Pot, Hand Impression, Laurel-Crowned Roast, Malted Barley, Malted Wheat, Mug, Mushroom-Burst Glutton, Nutjerky, Porcelain Plate, Raw Laurel-Crowned Roast, Raw Mushroom-Burst Glutton, Stoneware Vase, Teapot, Toy Chariot, Treeplanter's Pot, Unbaked Fishwrap, Unbaked Fruitroast, Urn|
|Can be Lifted||No|
|Go to Objects|
|uild > uildings & Construction > urnaces & Fireplaces > iln|
A kiln is required mainly to burn clay goods to ceramics. It will hold up to 25 (5 x 5) unburnt items.
Keep in mind that you need certain ceramics for prospecting, cheesemaking, masonry and planting trees, and other kiln products to make tea and glass and to process iron.
How to Acquire
- Plow a 3x3 area.
- Lay Stone on the plowed area.
- Acquire clay. Keep in mind that the kiln has a quality value, determined as the average of the used clay quality.
- Build -> Buildings & Construction -> Furnaces and Fireplaces -> Kiln to place the construction site.
- When built, the Kiln will need fuel for the fire; constructing your Kiln near trees is a good idea.
- Many Kiln products require further clay. As clay quality may vary within a short trip distance, both building a permanent settlement next to a high quality clay node and running clay digging trips are considerable actions.
The quality of the kiln is the average quality of the clay used to make it, and is not softcapped.
The quality of a kiln's products is determined by a weighted average:
- Product Quality =
How to use
Kilns are fueled by fuel, which burns away when the kiln is lit. To add this fuel:
- Left-click fuel, e.g. a Branch in your inventory.
- Right-click the Kiln on the map.(Hold down shift to avoid repeating step one.)
- Continue adding fuel until you have as much as you'll need. Different items require different amounts of fuel. Bricks require two ticks(branches), and most other things require more.
- Right-click the Kiln to see the Kiln's inventory and fuel indicator (the bar on the right.)
Within this inventory you may place unburnt objects which you wish to fire in the kiln. These include:
- Objects like Pot, Treeplanter's Pot, Urn, Clay Jar , Toy Chariot
- Raw clay, which becomes colored bricks
- Bones , which become Bone Ash
The amount of objects in the kiln has no effect on the amount of fuel needed, but the type of objects may require different firing times.
|Item||Real Time||In-Game Time||Branch||Notes|
|Ash||0:54:43||3:00:01||12||Any Pitbaked Goods Turns in Ash|
|Branding Iron||0:04:33||0:14:58||1||warm up|