|Required By||Death's Head Chrysalis, Ranger's Cape, Silk Cloth, Silk Napkin, Silk Tablecloth|
|Back to Skills|
- Catch a male and a female Silkmoth. They are randomly seen flying around Grassland and Forest Terrain.
- Place the Silkmoths into the same container. After 8 hours (real-time), they will die and lay 5-10 Silkworm Eggs. Any Silkmoth without a mate will also die, but without producing eggs. The quality of the eggs will be the average of the parents +/- 5.
- Put Silkworm Eggs onto an Herbalist Table for 8 hours (real-time). They will hatch into Silkworms. If the table's quality is below that of the egg, the worm's quality will be reduced.
- Silkworms check for and eat Mulberry Leaves every 4 hours (real-time). If they miss a meal more than once, they die. Whenever a Silkworm eats a leaf of lower quality than itself, the Silkworm's quality will lower. After eating four, they will turn into Silkworm Cocoons.
- Silkworm Cocoons will hatch into a Silkmoth of a random gender after 16 hours (real-time). Alternatively, they can be boiled for 1 Silk Filament. You have a chance to get bonus filaments with the Forestry, Gardening and Druidic Rite skills.
- 10 Silk Filaments can be spun into 1 Silk Thread on a Spinning Wheel, 10 of which can be woven into 1 Silk Cloth at a Loom.
Ratjik's shirt was sewn,
Not from fibre, nor hide,
Not from animal, nor plant,
What stuff made Ratjik's shirt?
You've been spending time among the
mulberries, and have learned how to farm and
handle silk. Breed Silkmoths, set their eggs on
herbalist tables, feed the worms mulberry
leaves, and unravel the cocoons.