Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Size||1 x 1|
|Liquid Size||100 ltr|
|Object(s) Required||Board x5|
|Can be Lifted||Yes|
|Go to Objects|
|uild > ontainers > arrel|
A barrel is a container that holds up to 100 liters of liquid, 100 kg of powder, or 10,000 seeds. See the Powders, Liquids, and Seeds category for a list.
How to Use
- To fill a barrel, left-click anything you want to put in the barrel, and right-click the barrel. You can hold shift to automatically transfer similar items.
- You can fill up a barrel with water quickly by lifting the barrel and right-clicking on a water tile. You can do this from a boat.
- You can lift the barrel and right-click containers like Tanning Tubs, Curding Tubs, Cauldrons (metal and clay) to fill them with various liquids.
- It is possible refill your waterskin by carrying a barrel of water overhead and then right clicking the barrel with your waterskin. It is also possible to mine while carrying a barrel over your head. This is useful for mining with a pickaxe in your hands since you cannot also wear a bucket.
- You can use a barrel of milk to feed baby animals if you accidentlly kill off their mother or if there is no lactating adult female present.
- Swill of varying quality can be stored in barrels for micro management of swill allocation. Additionally, they are better than bucket for averaging out swill in troughs.
- Added: Legacy 2009.
- For most stuff that can be put in a barrel or bucket, there is an Empty option. This option is not available for, for example, ashes, black pepper, cave dust, Pipestuff.
Game Development (templ)
- "Barrel"s and "Cistern"s, and "Demijohn"s now present the full tooltip for their contents in their interfaces, including quality, food buffs, &c." >"
- You can now use carried barrels to draw from sap taps." >"
- You may now craft directly from barrels. A side effect of this is that items reserved/marked for someone else's crafting are now highlighted in red, rather than your own green. Suggested here, among other places. You're welcome." >"