|Hearth Magic(s) Unlocked||None|
|Required By (0)||Nothing|
|Go to Skills Page|
"And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?"
Murder does quite exactly as it implies, and grants you other, more effective ways, of ending the lives of your fellow Hearthlings.
How to Use
Murder gives you two abilities:
- The ability to enter Murderous Rage, a status buff which lasts 24 real life hours and makes all your attacks deal 20% increased grievous damage, in exchange for nullifying your own knockout protection.
- Allows you to stay in combat with any knocked out players who do not have knockout protection, or, in other words, allows you to continue to attack and murder anybody who is knocked out and in a Murderous Rage.
Therefore, if you have the LP, there is no reason not to buy both Rage and Murder. It does not opt you in for death, all it opts you in for is the ability to enact permanent justice on criminals.
"Entering into a Murderous Rage cancels your Knockout Protection, allowing other Hearthlings the possibility of having combat relations with you after you have been knocked out, and preventing you from traveling to your Hearth Fire or logging out while knocked out. A Murderous Rage increases the amount of Grievous Damage you deal in combat."
Once activated, it will last for 24 real life hours, during which all attacks deal 20% increased Grievous Damage, or in other wounds, give 20% more HHP wounds to your opponent. This makes it a good deal easier to murder someone by hitting high damage attacks, preferably one huge finishing attack like a Cleave.
While in a Murderous Rage you cannot teleport to your Hearth Fire or log out when KOed if your target also has murder, because you will still be in combat, your only choice is to hope your opponent has mercy on you.
As such, Murderous Rage should only be used if you accept the risk and want the highest chance of slaughtering someone.
How to not get murdered
If you don't have murderous rage active on yourself when you are downed, players are forced respect Knockout Protection. Unlike certain wild animals.
Note: Leeches can be "reverse pick pocketed" into your equipment slots while downed by players intent to kill you, check for those when your character wakes up and use Ctrl+clicking on them to quickly and directly drop them off.
Murderous Rage only helps attackers to deal lethal damage more easily/likely with a finishing move like Cleave that has potential to deal enough HHP damage to directly kill you instead of just KO.
Wearing Armor also helps. Not letting enemy create full Openings will reduce their damage potential, but (WIP, there are ton of nuances I'm not sure how to address.)
Things that are not technically murder
Ironically, deep water is more deadly than a massive battle axe - all an attacker needs to do is KO someone on a boat and then break the boat, and they will almost certainly drown. In this case, the game only considers that attacker committed the crime of "Battery" by Knocking Out the victim. While this does have consequences, the Outlaw status will only last one third when compared to crime of "Murder."
- Added new/old skill "Murder". Murder allows you to have combat relations with people who do not enjoy knockout protection, and unlocks the new ability "Murderous Rage"." >"
- Added new ability "Murderous Rage". Murderous Rage increases your Griveous Damage dealt by +20%, but removes your Knockout Protection while active. While active, you cannot fast travel to your Hearth Fire or Log Out while you are knocked out, and your combat relations are not automatically terminated on Knockout. A Murderous Rage lasts for 24 RL hours once activated." >"
- NB: Murder does not allow you to ignore Knockout protection completely, rather, it allows you to Murder anyone without Knockout Protection, which can presently be removed only through an active "Murderous Rage" buff. Knockout Protection is thus effectively canceled when you have Murder, and the opponent is in a Murderous Rage." >"