|Size||1 x 1|
|Skill(s) RequiredSpecific needed skills.<br>The default skills every hearthling starts off with, Oral Tradition, Primitive Tools & Wilderness Survival), are ignored.||Boat Building|
|Object(s) Required||Cloth x50, Rope x10, Custom Image Sketch (optional)|
|Can be Lifted||Yes|
|Hit Points||Yes (value unknown)|
|Go to Objects|
Required to sail a Knarr. The Knarr Sail is built separately from the Knarr and needs to be attached afterwards.
How to Use
After building the sail, carry it over to a sail-less Knarr and right click. Your character will begin attaching the sail, and after a few seconds your Knarr will be proudly flying its new colors.
- Sail quality does not affect the speed of the Knarr
- Sails can have designs added if you build it with a Custom Image Sketch. See the Painting page for details on how to upload images and create Custom Image Sketches.
- Sails can be removed from ships if you have the master key for it. Right-click the ship, and select Furl sail
- Ship Sails -- For Knarrs and Snekkjas respectively -- are now built as separate objects from the ships themselves, and can thus be changed or taken down without rebuilding the entire ship. The quality of the sail, thus, presently has no impact on the quality of the ship for purposes of speed calculations. Some building cost resources were shifted over from the ships to the sails, but the net total building cost for a functioning ship was left unchanged. Only people with a Master Key may change sails." >"
- Added possibility to put a sketch image on the Knarr's sail." >"