|1 x 2
|9 x 7
|Skill(s) RequiredSpecific needed skills.<br>The default skills every hearthling starts off with, Oral Tradition, Primitive Tools & Wilderness Survival), are ignored.
|Board x20, Block of Wood x10, Straw x10, Thatching Material x10, Bone Glue x2
|(2) Bunny Rabbit, Swill
(repairs 20% per unit)
|Can be Lifted
|Go to Objects
How to Use
Animal Husbandry enables you to breed rabbits. A Rabbit Hutch, a Rabbit Doe, and a Rabbit Buck are required to multiply. A rabbit hutch must be stocked with water and fodder, much like a Chicken Coop.
- The quality of the Rabbit Hutch has no effect on the rabbits produced
- There is a trick to filling a Rabbit Hutch much more quickly than normal; Click to pick up a unit of fodder, then with it floating on your cursor, hold down the shift key and right click the trough. As long as you keep the shift key held down, another unit of food will automatically be placed on your cursor, ready to right click again! Alternatively, if you are running the game via romovs' amber client you can automatically load the hutch with all of a single type of fodder from your inventory by holding a unit of it on your cursor and right clicking on the hutch with both the shift and alt keys pressed. This also works for chicken coops.
- Warning: Edible forageables also count as fodder, so be careful when shift-right clicking to fill the rabbit hutch. See Swill page for list of plants that can/will be used as fodder.
- The Rabbit Hutch can also be filled directly using a Wheelbarrow.
- All fodder placed in Rabbit Hutch turns into generic Swill that can be stored in barrels and transferred between all structures which require it
Rabbit Hutch factory
Having just one rabbit hutch is general not very efficient or comfortable.
For comfortable breading and quality raising three, instead of two, hutches are advised.
Although there is no hatching stage like with chickens. Rabbits bread faster than a single maturing hutch can comfortably handle. With two maturing hutches this should never become a problem.
- Added "Rabbit Hutch". There are now buck and doe rabbits, and they can be bred and kept in a Rabbit Hutch. They need food and water, and the females eat more when with bunny. Not much to add." >"