|Size||4.5 x 4.5|
|Object(s) Required||Clay x50, Stone x35|
|Required By||Coal, Everglowing Ember, Tar|
|Can be Lifted||No
|Go to Objects|
|uild > uildings & Construction > urnaces & Fireplaces > ar Kiln|
How to Use
Fill it with blocks or boards, then light the tar kiln using a torch or other fire source. The tar kiln can hold 80 blocks or 40 boards, and it takes 83.3 RL Hours (1.2% per hour) to burn no matter how much wood is in it. Each block becomes 2 coal, one board equals 1,5 coal.
Use inspect to check %.
|dventure > In pect|
Tar Kiln Q =
Tar and Coal Q =
- Due to boards being usually higher quality than blocks, it is recommended to use them for making high Q coal.
- Blocks are lower quality than boards, but they produce more tar.
- When adding blocks/boards to the tar kiln, the quality of the blocks/boards will average after each addition. If you want to make high Q coal, avoid putting in any lower Q blocks or boards. Each additional low Q block/board will bring down Q by 1 at least.
- In World 10, it now takes about ~3.5(83.3 hours) days real-time to finish burning coal.
- In World 10, the kiln must be at least half full to start.
- Different types of wood yield different amounts of tar. Pine blocks yield the most tar, followed by other coniferous trees.
- It takes approx. 2 minutes and 45 seconds to produce 0,01l of tar from pine wood.
- In World 11, higher Q tar kilns finish faster than lower Q kilns.