|Size||1 x 1|
|Produced By||Boulder, Ore smelter, Cave, Mine Hole|
|Required By||Bar of Soap, Charter Stone, Cistern, Coronation Stone, Crabshell Sunfeather, Feather Trinket, Field Cairn, Fireplace, Flint & Steel, Golden Cat, Granary, Grave Cairn, Great Hall, Knarr Dock, Milestone, Milling Machine, Oak Spire, Oven, Personal Claim, Petraglyph, Potter's Wheel, Primitive Doll, Rattle-Tattle-Talisman, Rock Lobster, Runed Dolmen, Seer's Stones, Statue of the Chieftain, Steel Crucible, Stone Arrow, Stone Axe, Stone Casket, Stone Column, Stone Mansion, Stone Table, Stone Throne, Stone Tower, Stonestead, Sublime Portico, Tar Kiln, Village Banner, Village Claim, Well, Wilderness Beacon, Windmill|
|Go to Objects|
Stones are used in the making of various items, as well as in the construction of many objects.
How to Acquire
Right-click a boulder and hit "Chip Stone".
All stone types can essentially be found as surface boulders, but these are "while supplies last" as they currently do not respawn. Depending on how close you are to a populated area like the spawn zone, you may have to rely on caves for your stone, which also hold all different stone types in veins. This requires the Mining skill.
- Stone can be used to Pave.
- Digging out a cellar produces a number of boulders of the stone type that is directly below in the cave layer. This could be used to get an infinite supply of a certain stone type by destroying and rebuilding the house. Cellars built on ore do not produce ore boulders and instead will find the closest stone type.
- Ore also counts as stone and can thus be stacked into existing stone stockpiles and be used in recipes or construction.
- Ore that fails to smelt into metal will always become gneiss.
- Most buildings and objects that require stone will have texture of stone(s) used.
- Crafts that require specific type of stone exist. Notable ones include Bone Clay, (feldspar) Flint & Steel and Purple Pigment (cinnabar.)
List of stones
|Cat Gold||(Sometimes received when mining anything.)|