|Size||1 x 1|
|Skill(s) RequiredSpecific needed skills.<br>The default skills every hearthling starts off with, Oral Tradition, Primitive Tools & Wilderness Survival), are ignored.||Hunting|
|Terrain||Blue Sod, Bounty Acre, Cloud Range, Dry Flat, Flower Meadow, Grass, Greens Ward, Hard Steppe, Heath, Highground, Lush Field, Moor, Ox Pasture, Red Plain, Wild Turf|
|Object(s) Required||Chicken Egg, Hen,|
|Produced By||Chicken Coop|
|Required By||(1) A Bloody Mess...|
|Go to Objects|
How to Acquire
There are two ways to obtain a Chick:
- Wild flocks of chicken may randomly spawn on certain terrains. Right-clicking a Chick will cause your character to chase it. The Chick will flee, so running is necessary unless you are standing directly next to it. Once caught, it will appear in your inventory.
- Build a Chicken Coop for breeding Hens and Cocks. A fertile Chicken Egg will hatch into a Chick, if brooded by a Hen inside a Chicken Coop.
How to Use
- When a Chick is placed inside a Chicken Coop with sufficient fodder, it will turn into a Hen or Cock after 5 real life days.
- Chicks can be killed in the inventory via the "Wring Neck" option just as other inventory animals, but that does not result in a butcherable corpse; instead it will turn into A Bloody Mess...
- (Chicks placed in some inventory will just disappear when they die).
When Chicks are hatched, they will need to eat three times to grow into adult chickens (either Chickens or Cocks, though the odds seem to lean towards Chickens). Each time they eat, their quality decreases if the fodder quality is less than their own quality.
- Groups of chickens will now scatter and flee if they feel threatened, making them somewhat harder to massacre outright." >"