|Size||1 x 1|
|Skill(s) RequiredSpecific needed skills.<br>The default skills every hearthling starts off with, Oral Tradition, Primitive Tools & Wilderness Survival), are ignored.||Stone Working, Farming|
|Required By||(12) Any Flour, Barley Flour, Barley Grist, Black Pepper, Chitin Powder, Coade Clay, Millet Flour, Pipestuff, Poppy Grist, Uncrushed Husk, Wheat Flour, Wheat Grist|
(repairs 16.6% per unit)
|Can be Lifted||Yes|
|Go to Objects|
How to Acquire
It is created by choosing quern from the build menu, and clicking on a Boulder. This will consume the stone boulder.
Because the boulder used to make a quern doesn't have a quality and no attribute or skill affects stoneworking, querns have no quality.
How to Use
1. RIGHT CLICK on the quern, and your Hearthling will stand ready to work the quern.
2. Have the appropriate seeds in your inventory, or an open container nearby with your source seeds/pipeweed/drupes
3. Choose Craft -> Processing and Materials -> Cooking and Ingredients
The animation should show the Hearthling turning the quern's top stone, and the resulting substance will be added to your inventory.
- There are many items that can store vast amounts of seeds in a compact space, such as buckets, barrels, baskets, etc. The grinding process can pull directly from those containers
- Having a large container for the resulting flour, such as a barrel, will cause the grinding process to deposit the flour directly into it. This saves lots of inventory management hassle by combing both seed and flour containers next to your quern.
- remember the quern can be lifted, even if the source boulder could not be. This allows you to move the quern near to your fields and containers for efficient processing.
- Added variable materials to Querns. They should now take the stone material of whatever boulder you make them from." >"