|Hearth Magic(s) Unlocked||None|
|Required By (0)||Nothing|
|Go to Skills Page|
This skill allows you to search through containers and remove items from them on player or village claims. It also allows you to lift and carry non-inventory items off of claims. Be cautious, since all of these listed actions result in you leaving Reek of Theft scents, which can be harvested by anyone with equal or higher Exploration/Perception score than your Stealth/Intelligence score. This could get you into trouble, and even killed, since this scent can be used to locate you and your hearth fire and to send a Nidbane after you.
- In previous worlds, if you had no hearth fire, you would be summoned to the Ring of Brodgar.
- Theft will not allow you to harvest crops on personal or village claims. That requires the Vandalism skill.
- Theft allows you to loot the body of a player who has been KO'd or killed.
- Leaving this scent without proper base where to hide is an easy way to get yourself killed, since wandering 'do gooders' are apt to track theft scents, even on abandoned claims.
- Fixed various actions lacking crime checks: Splitting Wood Blocks and "Swamplily Leaf", Consumption of "Ancient Root", "Abyssal Insight", "Wild Dream", "Heartwood Leaves", "Ageless Ice". All now theft." >"