|Size||2 x 1|
|Skill(s) Required||Yeomanry ?|
|Object(s) Required||Board x10, Block of Wood x5, Cloth x10|
|Repaired With||Cloth ?|
|Can be Lifted||No
"?" is not a number.
"?" is not a number.
|Go to Objects|
|uild > uildings & Construction > conomy & Extensions > B rter Stand|
Note: Barter Stands are still being developed, so any of this may change when a new patch is released.
Barter stands can be used to safely and automatically trade items between Hearthlings.
How to Use
Making it Accessible
When placing the Barter Stand on your claim, it can only be used by people with permission to enter your claim - *unless* you put it on the edge of your claim, in which case strangers can then use the Barter Stand as they won't need to enter your claimed land.
Right-click the barter stand to claim ownership. Only the stand owner can administer the stand, but anyone can buy from it.
Connecting the containers
Barter stands interact with two containers, one for buying and one for selling. They do not have to be placed right next to it, in fact they can be quite far away, up to a distance of 225 tiles away from the stand, including being inside a structure, and can have walls and other structures in between. This allows you to build the stand outside your walls, and keep the containers safely inside. The stand owner needs Theft permissions to both of these containers for it to work (i.e. they need to be on your claim or a joint claim where you can take things).
If your container does not have enough space to receive the payment, the sale will be blocked and you will need to make space available for the purchase(s) to continue.
- Open up the stand interface by right-clicking.
- Click "Connect" and put the green (giving) hand in the first container. Items inside this container will be sold. You can place as many of you want of up to 5 different types of items.
- Put the red (taking) hand in the second container. When someone makes a purchase, their payment goes into this container.
Setting a Price
- Open the stand interface again. If you've already put items in the selling container (green hand), you'll see that they have automatically filled one of the 5 slots in the barter stand interface.
- Click the "Change" button in the barter slot, then click on any item in your inventory to set what you want in return. If the item belongs to any categories (e.g. Stinging Nettle versus String), you can choose between these.
- Note: the stand can currently only accept items which are used in crafting recipes, for example all of the ingredients, but none of the specific baked goods (though you can select the general baked goods category). This may take a good while to fix.
- Set the desired amount/quality. Press enter to save the entries.. At the moment you can only sell 1 of an item at a time, thus you cannot sell multiples for 1 item in return.
- Set the minimal qualities. If you don't care about these, just leave them at 0 and it will accept any quality.
After all this is set up, all you have to do to keep the trading going is to refill the selling containers, and empty the collection containers every now and then.
Click resign ownership at the bottom of the menu that comes up when you right click the stand.
To be developed: currently stands are indestructible.
Guide from the Community Fair, world 10's biggest public market
Green hands mark containers in which you have items you want to sell. Red hands mark containers where payment will be teleported.
There is a rule of thumb: don't place multiple green hands together, and don't mix green hands with red hands in the same cupboard. You can, however, place multiple red hands together in the same cupboard.
After pressing the change button select the payment type, either by clicking on coins in your inventory or the item you want people to pay with.
You must have discovered the item before you can select it. Not all items can be selected via the change button because loftar and jorb didn't add them to the barter stand system.
For example you can make people pay with the meat of an animal of a specific kind (bear or moose), but you can't make people pay with apple pies.
The first box (on top of the change button) where you can enter numbers, is for the amount of currency and the second is for quality.
If you select silver or gold coins as your currency, don't type in quality because silver and gold doesn't have any.
But if you want people to pay with bones or pearls, you can put the quality there, it will take that quality minimum and higher.
Make sure you have both green and red hands for each item you are selling, otherwise it won't be possible to sell.
The maximum range for green and red hands to be active is 250 tiles (2.5 minimaps) so if you take them home, the shop will stop working.
That's why we give out houses inside the community fair. If you want to use cast iron coins, you can print them west of the charter stone.
- Side note, the rule of thumbs can be broken if you know exactly what you are doing. For example if you have multiple green hands together you'll be selling same object at different slots, and if you have red and green hands together you will be selling objects that people sell you from another stand. Make sure not to do it with coins since they stack. Even if people pay with a few coins, money will always stack once it gets teleported to a cupboard from someone's inventory. If you would like people to sell you stuff and you want to pay coins for it, you can right click a stack of coins in your inventory and select Make Piles. It will make many stacks of coins with the amount you've entered. Then you can place those stacks as individual objects inside the cupboard with a green hand, and have the "Change" button select whatever you want people to sell you. Use the first box to set the amount and the second box to set the quality.
- Re-implemented in update .
- Sales are always of individual items; adding additional items to the selling container lets the barter stand make more sales before needing to restock.
- Only items already in your inventory can be requested, making it difficult for those without a certain object (such as metal or a valuable crafted item) to obtain it through a stand.
- Currently, Barter Stands do not give item discoveries, so you still need to have obtained at least one of the item yourself to be able to craft something with it.