Kid » Nanny » Billy
|Creature-Products||Goat's Milk, Mohair, Fresh Goat Hide, Intestines x2, Entrails x2, Raw Chevon x2, Bone Material x6, Suckling's Maw from youngs.|
|Terrain This data is specified at the individual Terrain pages.||(None)|
|Back to Creatures|
Goats produce Mohair, a type of wool, but they can only 'store' a maximum of 3 Mohair at a time. Since they also produce milk, raising Goats can be a direct alternative to herding Sheep. Of the two, Goats are somewhat more difficult to obtain.
- A billy is a male goat. They can impregnate female goats.
- An nanny is a female goat. After being impregnated they give birth to a kid in 4.5 days, and then start producing milk, of which they can store a maximum of 25L.
- A kid is an adolescent goat. They will grow into either a billy or an nanny in 10 real life days. In addition to the regular products, kids give you a Suckling's Maw when butchered.
Goats produce Mohair at a rate of 1 every 8 hours RL at Wool Quantity 5. The speed of growth can be increased by breeding for Wool Quantity. The quality can be increased by breeding for Wool Quality.
See Animal Qualities for more information.
Tips & Tricks
It is recommended to separate billy goats from nanny goats, to ensure only the highest quality billy impregnates the nanny goats. Also, lower quality billy goats may be castrated to stop them from mating. Castration produces one Bollock.
- Implemented the ability to put hats on large domesticated animals: pigs, goats, sheep, cattle, and horses. Milage may vary as the equipment point is not specialized per hat. Mostly for teh lulz. Let us know what else should have hats, because we can have them most anywhere now." >"
- Added the ability to guide animals. If you have a leashed animal, you can right-click its leash and "Guide" the animal. The animal then walks wherever you click. Other animals your guided animal hits are "Shoo":ed. Cow Bowling intensifies. Pretty sweet. Should, in retrospect, have put this ability on the animal, rather than on the leash. May fix in the future." >"
- Added eaten fodder quality to the tooltip on the hunger meters on domesticated animals. Can now determine the average quality of their eaten fodder." >"
- Goats now give an amount of milk more akin to sheep, rather than cows." >"
- Cattle(large domestic animals) should no longer roam-walk through open gates." >"