Ram » Ewe » Lamb
|Sheep's Milk, Wool, Fresh Sheepskin, Intestines x2, Entrails x2, Raw Mutton x3, Bone Material x3, Suckling's Maw from youngs.
|Terrain This data is specified at the individual Terrain pages.
|Back to Creatures
Sheep are tamed from Mouflons. See Taming for more information about taming. Sheep are the only source of Wool other than tamed Goats and feeding Clovers to Mouflons or Wildgoats. Sheep can only 'store' a maximum of 3 wool at a time. Like any other livestock, slaughtered sheep also provide meat, innards, and hide, and their Sheepskin is required to create a Kozhukh. Female sheep also produce milk, which can be refined into Cheeses unique to Sheepsmilk or into other dairy-related products.
- A ram is a male sheep. They can impregnate female sheep (ewe).
- An ewe is a female sheep. After being impregnated they give birth to a lamb in 4.5 days, and then start producing milk, of which they can store a maximum of 25L.
- A lamb is an adolescent sheep. They will grow into either a ram or an ewe in 10 real life days. In addition to the regular products, lambs give you a Suckling's Maw when butchered.
Sheep produce Wool at a rate of 1 wool every 8 hours RL at Wool Quantity 5. You can increase the speed of growth by raising sheep with higher Wool Quantity, as well as the quality by raising sheep with higher Wool Quality, through breeding of sheep with high Food Eaten quality as well as with high Quantity/Quality levels.
See Animal Qualities for more information.
Tips & Tricks
It is a good idea to separate your rams from your ewes, to ensure that you can select the highest quality ram to mate with your ewes when you want lambs.
- Implemented the ability to put hats on large domesticated animals: pigs, goats, sheep, cattle, and horses. Milage may vary as the equipment point is not specialized per hat. Mostly for teh lulz. Let us know what else should have hats, because we can have them most anywhere now." >"
- Added the ability to guide animals. If you have a leashed animal, you can right-click its leash and "Guide" the animal. The animal then walks wherever you click. Other animals your guided animal hits are "Shoo":ed. Cow Bowling intensifies. Pretty sweet. Should, in retrospect, have put this ability on the animal, rather than on the leash. May fix in the future." >"
- Added eaten fodder quality to the tooltip on the hunger meters on domesticated animals. Can now determine the average quality of their eaten fodder." >"
- Cattle(large domestic animals) should no longer roam-walk through open gates." >"