|Size||2 x 3|
|Storage Size||8 x 8|
|Skill(s) Required||[Verify: skill requirements.]|
|Object(s) Required||Board x30, Block of Wood x30, Bar of Any Metal x1, Bone Glue x8, Rope x10, Cloth x20, Cattle or Horse to pull|
|Go to Objects|
|uild > ehicles & Movables > Wa on|
- Holds 20 liftable objects and 64 inventory items (same as a Cupboard). Rowboats and Cupboards must be empty before they can be loaded.
- Can travel with ease through both 3 and 2 tile wide palisade gates.
- If a Wagon Station is set as home, the Wagon can fast travel to it.
- Can follow road signs, but cannot fast travel along them.
- Kills small critters (rats, frogs, toads, adders, hedgehogs, moles, squirrels, rabbits and chickens) when running over them.
- Can carry four hearthlings - two in the front and two in the back.
Grab a rope on your cursor and right click a draft animal. Now right click the Wagon with the rope. (You can put the rope in your inventory between the steps if animal is far away from Wagon, right clicking the rope gives you option "pull" to make animal try to come closer to you if needed.)
Passengers who log out will generally remain in the wagon when they log back in. This is useful for crossing rivers since a raft only carries one person and an empty wagon. The passengers can log out before the crossing and log back in on the other side after the driver operates the raft.
Traveling with a wagon trough forests can be a tricky and relatively slow process, as the wagon can get easily get stuck against some objects. If a full U-turn is needed, it's best to un-leash the draft animal, move it to the back of the wagon, and re-leash it.
- Characters joining the wagon will displace any logged-out character on the same seat.
- Wagon seat order is always the same. (seat related logged-out characters are ignored here)
- Passengers can Travel to Hearth Fire (leaving the Wagon behind).
Game Development (templ)
- Added the ability to lock wagons. Note that only wagons with locks installed can be Encamped." >"
- Added the ability to ride indefinitely in a particular direction with Shift+LMB to Wagons, analogous to how it works for other mounts." >"
- Added "Encamp":ment option to Wagons. Wagons may now be Encamped, and, when they are, require Siege Engines to destroy. When Encamped, any draft animal pulling the wagon will be hidden inside the Encampment, and protected. There is a slight additional exclusion area around Encamped wagons which prevents building, to prevent Wagon walls, and the like." >"
- You may now hitch horses to a Wagon. Horses pull the wagon faster than cows and bulls." >"
- Added variable materials to: Knarr, Wagon, Rocking Chair, and Loom." >"
- Metal now required for wagon, mostly for color larping purposes." >"
- Added Wagon. Hitch a bull to it and ride around. Takes a bunch of objects, four guys in the back and two upfront. Pretty much as in Legacy. We haven't done the raft to ford rivers with it yet, and it doesn't track ownership, but it might in the future.
Do note that the wagon uses a movement mode of its own, with a whip cursor. If you click away the cursor, just right-click the wagon again to get it back." >"