|Size||1 x 1|
|Skill(s) RequiredSpecific needed skills.<br>The default skills every Heartling starts off with, Oral Tradition, Primitive Tools & Wilderness Survival), are ignored.||Carpentry|
|Object(s) Required||Clay x10, Stone x10, Board x10, Block of Wood x20|
|Can be Lifted||No|
|Go to Objects|
Adventure > Haven & Hearth > Wilderness Beacon
Remember that you need to "discover" all the relevant materials.
After building it, the Wilderness Beacon allows you to set a password for it. This ignites a fire on top of the Beacon. If an ignited Beacon isn't used within an hour, it will expire (disappear).
Spawning into Beacon
Start the process of Character Creation. There you need to find the skull totem near the graveyard and type in the password, then choose a character name and burn yourself into the world as usual. This causes destruction of the beacon, with new character and their Hearth Fire appearing where it stood.
Anyone who knows the password, regardless of the account used or if they are the person the beacon was intended to, can use up the Beacon by spawning new character into it.
Other things to know
When you inherit, you normally spawn at the ancestor's Hearth Fire but if you so choose, you can override this by doing the steps in "Spawning into Beacon" -section. While in most cases spawning back at the base you've built so far is preferable, this can be useful mainly in two scenarios:
- You want to join a group located on the far side of the map, making manually traveling there unfeasible or outright impossible. (Implies suicide of the old character, probably want to arrange an alt to bury it for Inheritance.)
- Your old Hearth Fire is in a location too compromised to be safe place to respawn in.
- Oak Apple Gold (2018-07-17)◎ >"Disallowed building of Wilderness Beacons and Hearthfires if building them would imply a crime of vandalism, to prevent exploits. This is not the solution we'd like to use, but the actual fix is more involved."
- Mammoth (2016-03-24)◎ >"Added variable materials to Rowboat and Wilderness Beacon."
- World 9 (2016-02-18)◎ >"Added Wilderness Beacon. Build it. Give it a name and it starts burning. A person may spawn by the beacon by providing its name in the Character Creation room. It lasts for an hour before it is destroyed. If someone spawns by it it is destroyed."