|Size||1 x 1|
|Skill(s) Required||Metal Working|
|Object(s) Required||Bar of Common Metal x6|
|Required By||Boiled Egg, Boiled Pepper Drupes, Boiled River Pearl Mussel, Bone Glue, Butter-steamed Cavebulb, Creamy Cock, Fishsticks, Goldbeater's Skin, Hardened Leather, Onion Rings, Rennet, Ring of Brodgar (Seafood), Ring of Brodgar Dough, River Pearl, Silk Filament, Spring Stew, Stinging Salad, Tea, Wort, Zesty Brill|
|Can be Lifted||Yes|
|Go to Objects|
Cauldrons require water and fuel (i.e. branches, charcoal) to function. The qualities of the water, fuel, ingredients and of the cauldron itself affect the quality of the result differently depending on the product.
After loading the cauldron with fuel, click "Light" to begin boiling the water. A metal cauldron does not need time to heat water like a clay cauldron.
Picking up a lit cauldron removes all fuel from it and hence extinguishes the flame. This is useful for saving water although note that you lose all the fuel and cannot get it back.
When cauldrons are used in item crafting the cauldron portion of the formula is given by.
How to Acquire
uild > Ca ldron
How to Use
Cauldrons can be used for a wide variety of crafted items. In all cases, right click on the boiling cauldron and then choose the desired craft.
- Chicken Egg turns to Boiled Egg
- Peppercorn turns to Boiled Pepper Drupes
- River Pearl Mussel turns to Boiled River Pearl Mussel
- Bone Material x10 turns to Bone Glue
- Cavebulb and Butter turn to Butter-steamed Cavebulb
- Dead Cock, Creamy Camembert x2, Peapod x2, Milk, and Butter turn into Creamy Cock
- Batter and any fillet of fish turn into Fishsticks
- Batter and Yellow Onion x2 turn into Onion Rings
- Leather x3 and Wax x2 turn into Hardened Leather
- Intestines and Vinegar turn into Rennet, which must be stored in an empty Jar
- Eel, Butter, and Peapod x4 turn into Ring of Brodgar (Seafood)
- Water, Honey, Flour, and Poppy Seeds x2 turn into Ring of Brodgar Dough
- Silkworm Cocoon turns into Silk Filament
- Carrotx2 and Peapodx2 turn into Spring Stew
- Vinegar, Beetroot x2, Beetroot Leaves x2, and Stinging Nettle x2 turn into Stinging Salad
- Green Tea Leaves x2 or Black Tea Leaves x2 turn into Tea, which must be stored in an empty Tea Pot
- Hops Cones x2 and Wheat Grist x5 turn into Wort, which must be stored in an empty Bucket
- Filet of Brill, Vinegar, Yellow Onion, Beetroot, and Peapod x5 turn into Zesty Brill