From Ring of Brodgar
|Creature-Products||Dead Chicken: Chicken Feather x3, Raw Chicken Meat, Entrails, Bone Material or Wishbone(Rarely)|
This data is specified at the individual Terrain pages.
|Blue Sod, Cloud Range, Flower Meadow, Grass, Greens Ward, Hard Steppe, Highground, Leaf Patch, Lush Field, Moor, Red Plain, Wild Turf|
How to Acquire
There are two possibilities:
- Wild flocks of chicken may randomly spawn on a Grassland, or Moor, and will stay in one general area. Right-clicking a chicken will cause your character to chase it.
- Build a chicken coop for breeding hens and cocks. When a chick is placed inside a chicken coop with sufficient fodder, it will turn into a Hen or Cock.
How to Use
- Animal Husbandry enables you to breed chickens. A chicken coop, a cock and a hen are required to produce fertile Chicken Egg, that will hatch into chicks.
- A hen can be slaughtered via the "Wring Its Neck" option to convert it into a Dead Hen.
- If killed via combat, it will leave a Dead Hen as its corpse.
- Hens require food, and if left in your inventory/storage will die, leaving a low quality Dead Hen. This will occur within 24 hours
- If you do not have a Chicken Coop or fodder, you can keep your chickens alive longer than 3 days by releasing them and catching them again
- Hunting wild chickens is viable source of Feathers, Entrails, and Bones in the early game. Pick them up, wring their necks, return to your camp/base when inventory is full and pluck/clean them there. All products except meat can be stockpiled for easy storage.