The Cauldron is an important tool for Cooking and a variety of miscellaneous tasks. May refer to Metal Cauldron or Clay Cauldron, both of which can hold 30L of water. Clay cauldrons are easier to make but must be allowed to sit for about five minutes after lighting to allow the water to boil, whereas metal cauldrons begin boiling immediately after being lit. A cauldron must be boiling to use for crafting, and small amounts of the water in the cauldron are consumed every time something is crafted and every few minutes the boiling cauldron remains lit. It is therefore recommended to only keep the cauldron lit when it is being used.
- The quality of objects crafted with the Clay Cauldron is given by:
- Note: The final water quality is capped to a minimum quality of 1.0.
- The quality of objects crafted with the Metal Cauldron is given by:
- Quality of fuel used to lit either type of cauldron doesn't matter.
The lengths of time it takes to get the various items from their precursor items by boiling in a Cauldron are as follows:
|Item||Real Time||In-Game Time||Product||Notes|
|Gooseneck Barnacle||0:09:07||0:30:00||Boiled Gooseneck Barnacle|
|Poppy Grist||1:49:25||6:00:00||Opium||Using full stack highly advised.|
|Razor Clam||0:09:07||0:30:00||Boiled Razor Clam|
|Red Deer Antlers||1:49:25||6:00:00||Hartshorn|
|Snow||0:01:00||?||Water||1 Liter per snow. Water quality is not affected by cauldron|
- Clay Cauldrons take 5 minutes to heat up. Metal Cauldrons boil instantly.
- Clay Cauldrons halve the quality of the water used.
- The wood blocks does not affect the quality of the cauldron.
- No longer works (World 11 (2019-02-01)):
- Putting bark in a cauldron will turn the water to tanning fluid. It is easier to get high quality bark than high quality water, so this is a good way to get a high quality liquid to boil things in.
- Fishing for Finery (2021-04-25)◎ >"Reduced passive water consumption of lit cauldrons. One full fuel meter should now burn through half (15l) of a cauldron's water meter."
- Rekt!-ing Ball (2016-04-19)◎ >"Added variable materials to Wheelbarrow, Metal Cauldron, and Charter Stone."
- Burning Harmonica (2016-03-30)◎ >"You may now put out cauldrons."