(Redirected from Cow)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Calf » Cow » Bull
|Creature-Products||Cow's Milk, Raw Beef x10, Animal Fat, Intestines x2, Entrails x3, Fresh Cow Hide, Bone Material x6, Suckling's Maw from calfs.|
|Terrain This data is specified at the individual Terrain pages.||(None)|
|Back to Creatures|
Cattle are tamed Aurochsen. See Taming for more information about taming. When it comes to quantity, Cows are the best possible source of milk, far outproducing Goats and Sheep on a per-animal basis, and they produce a significant amount of meat and hide. Additionally, adult Cattle can be equipped with Packracks for portable storage, and Bulls can be used to pull Wagons.
- Bull is a male cattle that can impregnate(indicated through a mating animation) female cattle (cow), pull Wagons(slower than Horse) and equipped with Packrack to carry things.
- Cow is a female cattle. After being impregnated, they give birth to a calf(can have twins on rare occasions) in 4.5 days then start to produce milk. Also can be equipped with Packrack to carry things.
- Calf is an adolescent cattle. They will grow either into a bull or cow (indicated in the top left side of their respective information windows) in 10 days. In addition to regular products, calves give you a Suckling's Maw when butchered.
Stats & Quality
- The quality of an animal or any of stat is the one of parent quality\stat, +20 -> -5, and then softcapped by the breeding quality of the male involved and quality of eaten Swill.
- See Animal Qualities for more information.
- Cows produce Cow's Milk at the rate of 0.01 every 10 minutes in RL at Milk Quantity 10, speed modified by Milk Quantity stat and can store a maximum of 25 L.
- Milk quality equal to cow's quality and modified by Milk Quality stat.
- Adult Cattle produce 10 Raw Beef at Meat Quantity 10, modified by Meat Quantity stat.
- Meat quality equal to cattle's quality and modified by Meat Quality stat.
- Cattle produce 1 Cow Hide and quality equal to cattle's quality, modified by Hide Quality stat.
Tips & Tricks
- It is a good idea to seperate your bulls from your cows, to ensure that you can select the highest quality bull to mate with your cows when you want calves. You can additionally castrate your lower quality bulls to stop them from breeding and to acquire Bollock.
Dead Cow. Can be skinned for Fresh Cow Hide.
Skinned Cow. Can be butchered for Intestines, Entrails, Animal Fat and Raw Beef.
Cow Skeleton. Can be collected for Bone Material.
- Hat Placement (2022-11-04) >"Implemented the ability to put hats on large domesticated animals: pigs, goats, sheep, cattle, and horses. Milage may vary as the equipment point is not specialized per hat. Mostly for teh lulz. Let us know what else should have hats, because we can have them most anywhere now."
- Guided Ermine (2022-06-19) >"Added the ability to guide animals. If you have a leashed animal, you can right-click its leash and "Guide" the animal. The animal then walks wherever you click. Other animals your guided animal hits are "Shoo":ed. Cow Bowling intensifies. Pretty sweet. Should, in retrospect, have put this ability on the animal, rather than on the leash. May fix in the future."
- Guided Ermine (2022-06-19) >"Added eaten fodder quality to the tooltip on the hunger meters on domesticated animals. Can now determine the average quality of their eaten fodder."
- Tough Jugs (2022-06-05) >"Cattle(large domestic animals) should no longer roam-walk through open gates."