|Size||3 x 3|
|Skill(s) Required||Baking, Pottery|
|Object(s) Required||Brick x30, Board x4, Block of Wood x2, Stone x5|
|Required By||Apple Pie, Ashes, Baked Birchbark Bream, Bark Bread, Blueberry Pie, Bread, Butter Scones, Carrot Cake, Dream Cookies, Egg Cake, Fishpie, Fruit Pie, Gingerbread Heart, Gingerbread Man, Gingerbread Woman, Greenleaf Pie, Grub Pie, Honeybun, Jelly Cake, Lardy Cake, Lingon Loaf, Linseed Loaf, Magpie (Pie), Marrow Cake, Meatpie, Mushroom & Onion Pirozhki, Mushroom Pie, Olive Bread, Onion Bread, Pea Pie, Poultry Pot Pie, Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Pie, Raisin Butter-Cake, Ring of Brodgar (Baking), Seedcrisp Flatbread, Shepherd's Pie, Strawberry Cake, Wellplaiced Pie|
|Go to Objects|
|uild > uildings & Construction > urnaces & Fireplaces > ven|
An oven is needed to bake various pastry doughs, such as bread dough. Ovens require wood to bake food so it would be a wise idea to build one near high quality trees for easy access to fuel whose quality affects the quality of the baked good.
How to Acquire
You can build an oven on a 3x3 paved, or grass area. To find out how to plow and lay stone, see terraforming.
How to Use
- First, produce the dough.
- Fuel the oven with branches or other fuel by right-clicking on it while holding the fuel. Blocks of wood are equivalent to 5 branches.
- Place the dough into the oven by right clicking the oven and placing the dough into one of its eight inventory slots.
- Finally, light the oven with a fire source.
Use only the appropriate number of branches for each food item. If you use more branches, then this will turn your dough into ash unless you manually take it out in time.
See Baking for exact numbers of branches.
Oven Q =
Baked Goods Q =
- Adding fuel will average after each item is added, placing two Q20 branches followed by two Q10 branches will result in Q14 Fuel, not Q15.
- One block will burn all baked goods currently, all baked goods require 4 branches to cook (Oct22,2015)
- You can also use two pieces of coal to cook the equivalent of 4 branches.
- Open the Oven door does not lose heat from the oven. Regardless of time open it still takes 4 branches.
- If you have multiple ovens, building a fireplace and a torch holder next to them is a good idea. Using a fireplace and a burning torch means having to light only one fire instead of multiple.
- Added variable materials to "Oven"s. They now take color and texture from the materials they were made from." >"