|uild > uildings & Construction > urnaces & Fireplaces > ireplace|
A fireplace is the direct upgrade of a fire. Like a fire, it can be used as a stationary light source and is required to roast Raw Meat and fry Fried Eggs and Pancakes. Unlike a fire though, it's permanent, and can be refueled with branches, blocks of wood and coal.
The fireplace also builds heat while burning, showing as smoldering ashes when fuel runs out. As long as it's hot (represented by the red bar besides the fuel gauge), it can be relit without needing another firebrand, you need simply to add more fuel, then right click it and use "Light My Fire". Because of this you only need to light one firebrand when you log on. To fully fill a fireplace needs only 2 blocks, which will burn for 1 hour - 6 min per branch, allowing you to use a torch to light furnaces from it when you need it. Even if it goes out, it will remain hot for another couple of hours and can be easily relit.
Another feature is that you can place a Roasting Spit over it to roast Bats, Chickens, Rabbits and any other Clean Animal Carcass. The inventory is where you should place the pitbaked goods, with 4 branches of fuel, to cook them.
Using a branch on a partially fueled fireplace will add it to the fireplace as fuel. When fully fueled and lit, using a branch on a fireplace will turn it into a firebrand. It can always be used to light a Torch, regardless of fuel level. It cannot be built inside houses.
How to Acquire
- The Roasting Spit handle will always be in the direction the Fireplace construction sign is facing; if you place the Fireplace facing down, the spit will place over it vertically.
- (Terrain) Can't be build on Ice.
- A fireplace takes X(time) to build up Y(something) heat. [Verify: ToDo.]
- Added ... (Start of W8, at least)
- Added variable materials to "Fireplace". ..." >"