|Size||1 x 1|
|Object(s) Required||Soil x4, Tree Seed*, Water (1.0 liters)|
|Produced By||Treeplanter's Pot and Herbalist Table|
|Required By||Branch, Log, Stump, Tree Bark|
|Go to Objects|
Tree is a generic term which can refer to any of the following: Apple Tree, Birch Tree, Elm Tree, Fir Tree, Hazelnut Tree, Maple Tree, Mulberry Tree, Oak Tree, Pine Tree, Tree, Willow Tree. Also see the Tree category.
How to Acquire
To grow a tree, one needs a Treeplanter's Pot, an Herbalist Table, Water, Soil x4, and a seed of the tree you wish to plant. Place the Soil, Water, and seed into the pot, and the pot on the table. After 1 hour and 40 minutes (dependent on Nature/Industry slider), the tree will either sprout or die. If it is dead, all you can do is empty the pot and start over. If it has sprouted, you will have approximately eight hours to plant it before it dies. Take the pot, find a spot of grassland or forest where you wish to plant it, and right click on the spot while holding the pot to get the option to plant it. The tree will steadily increase in quality while it grows until it hits maturity and thus its maximum quality.
- All products of the tree are of the same quality at a given point in time (branches, logs, seeds, etc.)
- It is recommended to give the tree a 5x5 space around it to completely grow. If anything with a hitbox (anything that stops you if you run into it) is within the space, the tree's growth will be stunted. This excludes pavement, water, and most crops.
- Trees grow faster if their roots are upon its native terrain. For example, a Fir Tree will grow faster than an Oak Tree in the Coniferous forest while the Oak Tree will grow faster than the Fir Tree in Broadleaf. Also note that Broadleaf and Coniferous forests look the same even if they are different forest terrains.
- While growing, trees may transform nearby tiles into its native terrain. Where and how frequently this occurs is random.
- Base time of growing up to 5-th phase depends on the tree type. Growing from the 5-th phase to fully grown tree is random.
- A tree in the 5-th and 6-th phase of growth has the same quality.
Ways to Improve the Quality of a Tree
- High quality Herbalist Table: You will need high quality source lumber and Plant Fibres to craft a high quality Herbalist Table.
- High quality Treeplanter's Pot: Quality is softcapped by Dexterity and dependent on the quality of the Clay, Fuel, and Kiln used.
- High quality Water: Water quality depends on the location at which you gather it.
- High quality Soil: Just as water, Soil quality is dependent on the location you gather it at. See Finding high quality water, clay, and soil for more information.
- High quality seed: Same quality as the tree of which it was taken. Therefore, planting the highest quality seeds from the trees you grow will increase average quality over time.
- Nature vs Industry: Having a strong Nature Personal Belief will both increase the success of trees living and decrease the amount of time it takes for a planted tree to germinate on an Herbalist Table.
- Farming skill: The quality of the tree is softcapped by the Farming skill of the player who plants it.
Approximate tree quality formula:
- Note: Bark, Branches and Seeds each regrow when trees enters a new phase of growth (up to the phase's quantity limit) as well as every 1-2 real time weeks.
|Tree||Native Terrain||Seed/Fruit||Bark||Bough||Branches||Logs||Other Products||Maturation time on native terrain||Maturation time on alien terrain|
|Apple Tree||Broadleaf||Apple x5||Tree Bark x1||--||7||1||?||?|
|Birch Tree||Broadleaf||Birch Catkin x5||Birchbark x1||--||7||2||?||?|
|Elm Tree||Broadleaf||Seedling x2||Tree Bark x2||Elm Bough x4||7||2||?||?|
|Fir Tree||Coniferous||Fir Cone x2||Tree Bark x3||Fir Bough x5||7||2||?||?|
|Hazelnut Tree||Mudflat/Broadleaf||Hazel Nut x5||--||--||5||1||?||?|
|Maple Tree||Broadleaf||Maple Samara x6||Tree Bark x4||--||10||3||?||?|
|Mulberry Tree||Broadleaf||Mulberry x5||Tree Bark x1||--||7||1||Mulberry Leaf (unlimited)||?||?|
|Oak Tree||Broadleaf||Acorn x6||Tree Bark x5||--||15||3||?||?|
|Pine Tree||Coniferous||Pine Cone x3||Tree Bark x8||--||3||3||?||?|
|Willow Tree||Swamp/Broadleaf||Willow Catkin x4||Tree Bark x3||--||7||2||?||?|