Farming also refers to an incrementable skill.
|Skill(s) Required||Plant Lore|
|Skill(s) Enabled||Bee Keeping, Beermaking, Cheesemaking, Winemaking, Yeomanry|
|Required By||Beetroot, Beetroot Leaves, Carrot, Carrot Seeds, Flour, Fresh Hemp Bud, Fresh Tea Leaves, Fresh Tobacco Leaf, Giant Pumpkin, Grape Crop, Grapes, Hemp Seeds, Hops Cones, Jack-o'-mask, Peapod, Peppercorn, Poppy Flower, Poppy Seeds, Poppy Wobbler, Pumpkin Seeds, Quern, Straw Basket, Straw Doll, Straw Hat, Tea Seeds, Weird Beetroot, Wheat Crop, Wheat Seeds, Yellow Onion|
|Back to Skills|
Farming and quality of seeds
The quality of farmed products is based upon the quality of the planted seed with a [-5, +5] random range. Two things have an effect on the final quality of the product: The farmer's farming skill level and the soil quality.
- If the soil quality is lower than the quality of the planted seed, then the applied random range is capped to [-5, +2].
- If the farming skill is lower than the quality of the harvested crop, than the crop quality is softcapped by the farming skill. So harvesting a crop of higher quality than your farming skill will result in lower quality harvested seeds.
- Plants seems to degrade in quality over time (may be based on soil quality), so avoid leaving matured crops unharvested. [Verify]
Planting is not affected by the farming skill.
As each crop has a chance to produce seeds of slightly higher quality than that of the planted generation, harvesting all seeds first and only replanting the ones of highest quality will increase average seed quality, and thus product quality, over time. A higher Nature belief will greatly increase the speed at which crop quality rises, over time approaching your farming skill level.
What it does:
dventure > La dscaping > low Field
- Plows squares of furrowed soil that can be used to plant crops. Furrowed soil is not needed to plant trees, however. Plowing by hand uses more stamina than using the Plow item.
- dventure > La dscaping > arvest Crop
- uild > C ntainers
- raft > loth Making > ats
- raft > Coo ing > I gredients
How to plant seeds:
To plant seeds in a plowed field you must left click the seeds in your inventory and then right click on the plowed field you wish to plant them on. Holding down the "Shift" key takes the next item out of your inventory so you may keep on right-clicking for continuous planting. If the seeds are kept in Seedbags, the bag can be used to plant them instead of picking up each individual seed. Wait until the crops are ready and harvest. The time required depends on the type of crop and what you want to harvest from it.
Using well-placed beehives will speed up this process.
NOTE: Plowed fields will revert back to their original tile type over time.
Please note this table is incomplete; information may be missing or incorrect.
|Crop Field||Planted with||Additional Products and Information||2 Stage||3 Stage||4 Stage|
|Carrot||Carrot, Carrot Seeds||Carrots (harvested based on their stage)||4 Hours||8 Hours||12 Hours|
|Beetroot||Beetroot||Beetroot Leaves||-||-||18 Hours|
|Flax||Flax Seeds||Plant Fibres||1 Day||1.5 Days||2 Days|
|Grapes||Grape Seeds||Grapes (result in seeds when eaten or pressed)||-||-||-|
|Hemp||Hemp Seeds||Plant Fibres, Fresh Hemp Bud(third stage)||-||33 hours||34 hours|
||-||-||24 - 28 Hours|
|Poppies||Poppy Seeds||Poppy Flower||-||-||-|
|Pumpkin||Pumpkin Seeds||Giant Pumpkin(refers Pumpkin Seeds, Pumpkin Flesh)||-||-||5-7 days|
|Tea||Tea Seeds||Fresh Tea Leaves||-||-||-|
|Tobacco||Tobacco Seeds||Fresh Tobacco Leaf||-||-||22 hours|
|Wheat||Wheat Seeds||Straw||1 Day||1.5 Days||2 Days|
|Yellow Onion||Yellow Onion||
- Times listed are in real-time and assume use of a Beehive.
- Stage 1 is the initial planted stage. Nothing can be done to any crop at this stage.