|Hearth Magic, Plant Lore, Glass Blowing.|
|Hearth Magic(s) Unlocked||None|
|Required By (7)||Alchemist's Table, Burette, Fine Scales, Mortar & Pestle, Retort, Testtube Rack, Tripod Burner|
|Back to Skills|
Alchemy allows you to create Elixirs, consumable potions, that can heal wounds and buff stats and potentially add new wounds too. Elixirs are created by combining ingredients with alchemical properties. Presently, herbs (specifically, only Forageables) and minerals (both Stones and Ores) generally have alchemical properties. Each alchemy ingredient has four randomized potential effects.
"Anthing, Deceit in heart,
mixed, by pale moonlight,
powder, blood, and secret herbs,
to right a wrong percieved."
Alchemy allows you to mix potions and elixirs with various effects, and can for example give temporary increases to Skills or Attributes, or heal wounds. Alchemical potions and processes often use a plethora of tools, form Mortal & Pestle to Burettes, as well as the Alchemist's Table workbench. If elixirs aren't showing up in your crafting menu, try discovering a Clay Jar first.
Base Alchemical ingredients, chiefly herbs and minerals, all have various base effects, and the key to a successful elixir is to combine several ingredients with the same effects. If two or more effects are matched in the ingredients, that effect will also be present in the final elixir.
Some alchemical processes can also create, rather than elixirs, new ingredients, by selectively combining effects from the ingredients used to make them.
- All potential effects present in at least two of the ingredients will be present in the final Elixir.
- If a potential effect is present in more than two of the ingredients, the effect will become increasingly more powerful.
- All unmatched potential effects, present in only one of the ingredients, will serve to increase the harmfulness of the elixir. Elixirs generally cause some type of wound in addition to their positive effect, unless all potential effects in the ingredients are perfectly matched.
- There are also Alchemical Processes, which consume alchemical ingredients to produce new, processed ingredients, combining, and often removing, the potential effects present in the materials used to produce them, to create cleaner ingredients, with fewer potential effects, and thus with less risk of harm.
- A raw material -- base ingredient acquired from nature -- can only be used once in an alchemical elixir or process, meaning that you can't, for example, use both Blueberries and an Herbal Grind made from two blueberries, to create a perfectly matched elixir.
- Most processes require the use of some combination of Alchemical tools, such as the Alchemist's Table, Retort, Burette, Testtube Rack, Fine Scales, Mortar & Pestle, or Tripod Burner.
Another discovery made by playerbase, is that each alchemical ingredient has it's own order of alchemical properties, which is meaningful during alchemical processes.
Effect: Removes first alchemical property of an ingredient, as a result you will receive ingredient with only 3 alchemical properties.
Required tools: Retort
Effect: Removes second alchemical property of an ingredient, as a result you will receive ingredient with only 3 alchemical properties.
Required tools: Tripod Burner
Effect: Creates new unique alchemical ingredient from two herbs, which opens a large variety of new unique alchemical ingredients.
Required tools: Mortar & Pestle
Effect: Creates one ingredient from two, taking only two first properties from them, as a result you will receive ingredient with 2 alchemical properties
Required tools: Retort, Burette, Testtube Rack
Effect: Not investigated
Required tools: Tripod Burner
Say, you are making a Mushroom Decoction elixir.
You have a Mushroom, and 4 different alchemical ingredients. You know all effects of the ingredients, and their order.
Let's assume, you have next ingredients with next alchemical properties:
Mushroom: (Intelligence, Agility, Nasty Wart, Concussion)
Rock1:(Unarmed Combat, Agility, Adder Bite, Starvation)
Herb1:(Intelligence, Cooking, Starvation, Nettle Burn)
Rock2:(Adder Bite, Will, Nasty Wart, Farming)
Herb2:(Concussion, Lore, Cooking, Nasty Laceration)
Required processes will be:
Herb2 + Herb1 = Measured distillate1(Concussion, Intelligence) // You took two first effects from both ingredients, to receive ingredient with 2 effects.
Rock1 = Lye Ablution1(Agility, Adder Bite, Starvation) // You have removed first effect, to receive ingredient with 3 effects. Note that second effect became first.
Rock2 = Fiery combustion(Adder Bite, Nasty Wart, Farming) = Lye Ablution2(Nasty Wart, Farming) // You have removed first and second effects with two processes and received ingredient with 2 effects.
Lye Ablution1 + Lye Ablution2 = Measured distillate2(Nasty Wart, Agility) // You have combined two Lye Ablution to take first effects from each, to receive ingredient with 2 effects.
Measured distillate2 + Measured distillate1 + Mushroom = Mushroom Decoction // All ingredient properties have matched, so you received an elixir that will have 4 positive effects(Intelligence, Agility, Nasty Wart, Concussion), with no negative effects.
- Elixir Quality = [Verify: elixir quality.] and is softcapped by [Verify: elixir softcap.]
- Herbal Swill Quality =
- Elixir Buff =
- n - is number of matching effects of ingredients
- Elixir Damage = [Verify: elixir damage formula.]
Each listed base attribute or ability gives stat bonus, as well as every name of wound gives healing effect for such wound. Properties are not ordered (order is important for processing) (Bold = Ordered).
World 14 Ingredient Reactions
- "Reeds" are now an alchemical ingredient." >"
- Cat Gold is now an alchemical ingredient." >"
- If you manage to impart the same potential effect more than once on an alchemical ingredient, it will only count once for the purposes of positive Elixir effects, but still count as a matched effect, and reduce the potion's negative side effect." >"
- You can now create Elixirs, consumable potions, using alchemy. Beneficial Elixirs can give stat buffs for a duration, or heal wounds." >"
- Alchemy is unlocked using the Alchemy Skill, unlocked with Hearth Magic and Plant Lore." >"
- EDIT: Elixirs cannot be consumed while in combat, or when you have another Elixir already active." >"
- Added Alchemy." >"