Low-tier and High-tier food refers to the ease of acquiring such foods, rather than the FEPs they provide. Low Tier foods are those available to players without access to clay or metal.
- Affects damage inflicted by melee weapons or unarmed attacks.
- Affects your ability to destroy objects, by (Adventuring -> Destroy) or using a Battering Ram. Stone axe adds 1 damage, a Pickaxe adds 2 damage, and a Sledgehammer adds 4. Your damage is calculated by sqrt(Strength).
- In conjunction with Smithing, softcaps the quality of objects crafted with Metal Working and Steelmaking.
Equipment that modifies Strength
(At quality 10:)
Other means of modifying Strength
- The effects "A Glass with a Friend" and "A Glass to Keep the Cold Out", caused by drinking Wine or Weißbier, raise your Strength by 10 and 15, respectively.
- Boar Tusk Snuff gives you a Strength boost equal to the quality of the Boar Tusk Snuff for 15 seconds.
- Full Barbarism gives you +30% Strength; full Civilization gives you -30% Strength.
- Affects Travel Weariness capacity.
- Decrease enemy minimum ranged damage against their perception
- Having higher agility than your opponent decreases your attack cooldowns in close combat, and increases the opponents attack cooldowns by the same amount.
Example low-tier Agility foods: Roasted Rabbit Meat
Equipment that modifies Agility
(At quality 10:)
- Plate Armor (-10)
- Bronze Plate (-8)
- Chainmail Shirt (-5)
- Bronze Helm (-?)
- Leather Pants (-3)
- Soldier's Helmet (-3)
- Leather Armor (-1)
- Nettle Pants (-1)
- Nettle Shirt (-1)
- Soldier's Gauntlets (-1)
- Leather Boots (+1)
- Bunny Slippers (+2)
- Cutthroat Cuirass (+2)
- Ranger's Boots (+5)
- Thane's Ring (+5)
- Affects your authority gain in conjunction with Charisma.
- In conjunction with Stealth, determines the visibility and quantity of the scents you leave behind when you commit Criminal Acts.
- Affects your attention limit, thus determining the maximum amount of curiosities you can study.
- Affects chances of finding foragable objects on the ground
- In conjunction with Exploration, determines the visibility of foragible objects and the detection of criminal Scents by Ranging.
- Affects the quality of unbaked goods: dough is soft-capped by sqrt(Per * Cooking).
- Increases your minimum ranged damage, lowered by enemy's agility.
- 25 Charisma is required to become a Chieftain. Charisma added from items such as Bear Tooth Talisman counts towards this ( The quickest way to reach this is to drink a glass of wine which gives +15 charisma, which with the starting 10 is enough to become chieftain.)
- Affects Leadership related combat skills, such as Stern Order and To Arms.
- Affects your authority gain in conjunction with Intelligence.
- Affects the maximum number of players allowed in your party
- Affects the quality of objects crafted with Pottery.
- In conjunction with Sewing, affects the quality of objects crafted with Cloth Making and Leather Working.
- If you drink Wine or Weißbier you will get the status effect "A Glass with a Friend" which increases Psyche by 5 and later after drinking more alcohol "A Glass to Keep the Cold Out" which increases it by 7. Smoking Tobacco also gives a temporary Psyche buff which is why it is recommended that you drink alchohol and smoke tobacco before you craft products that depend on Psyche.
- In conjunction with Smithing, affects the quality of Jewelry
- Affects the crafting of specific items, such as Bear Tooth Talisman, as well as all items that uses silk.