Attributes, alongside Abilities determine how well a character can perform various tasks, like crafting, foraging and combat. Attributes are permanently raised by eating to gain Food Event Points (FEPs) or completing Credos. See the FEP Table for a list of all foods and their FEPs.
They also can be temporarily raised, or lowered, by wearing certain pieces of Equipment i.e., clothing, jewelry. (See also Equipment Table), Wounds, or drinking Elixirs. When raised the attributes value appears green next to the actual/base number, displayed in white. As stated, certain clothing, or wounds even, can temporarily lower an attribute from its base. Whenever it is lowered lower than its base it will appear red aside of the base number.
Your Hearthling's raw physical strength, used most often in combat, destruction, and mining.
- Affects damage inflicted by melee weapons or unarmed attacks.
- Affects Mining Ability as Pickaxes count as double their quality in the calculation.
- Affects your ability to destroy objects, by (Adventuring -> Destroy) or using a Battering Ram. Stone axe adds 1 damage, a Pickaxe adds 2 damage, and a Sledgehammer adds 4. Your damage is calculated by sqrt(Strength).
- In conjunction with Smithing, softcaps the quality of objects crafted with Metal Working and Steelmaking.
- Affects movement speed while carrying objects.
- Affects the ability to resist being pushed around.
Equipment which modifies Strength
Your hearthling's speed on their feet. Used in combat.
- Decrease enemy minimum ranged damage against their perception
- Having higher agility than your opponent decreases your attack cooldowns in close combat, and increases the opponents attack cooldowns by the same amount.
Equipment which modifies Agility
Your Hearthling's mental prowess. Used to study more items, sneak around, and upkeep claims.
Equipment which modifies Intelligence
Your Hearthling's living vitality. Affects maximum HP and swimming effectiveness.
The formula for calculating MHP is: .
- for example, if CON is 10 (baseline), your MHP is . , which is 100.
- if con is 100: . = 316
Equipment which modifies Constitution
Your Hearthling's vision and eyesight. Used to detect forageables and for ranged combat.
- Used when Foraging to find forageables and the detection of criminal Scents
- Affects the quality of unbaked goods: dough is soft-capped by .
- Increases your minimum ranged damage, lowered by enemy's agility.
Equipment which modifies Perception
Your Hearthling's charm, in their words, attitude and body. Affects social and communal events, authority gain, and quest rewards.
- Affects your authority gain in conjunction with Intelligence.
- Affects the maximum number of players allowed in your party.
- Affects reward from quests.
- Provides a bonus when feasting at a Bonfire.
Equipment which modifies Charisma
Your Hearthling's deftness with hands and skill at fine motor skills. Used almost exclusively in crafting.
- Affects the quality of objects crafted with Pottery.
- Affects the quality of sausages in conjunction with cooking.
- In conjunction with Sewing, affects the quality of objects crafted with Sewing and Tanning.
- In conjunction with Intelligence and Stealth, determines your ability to pick locks.
Equipment which modifies Dexterity:
Your Hearthling's ability to force him/herself through the roughs and toughs. Affects fishing, increases max travel weariness, and used in some crafting.
- Plays part in softcapping quality of certain crafted items.
- Expand fishing menu when using Primitive Casting-Rod with a formula: Slot menu =
- Increase the maximum amount of Travel Weariness character can withstand, allowing more/longer journeys when using Fast Travel.
Equipment which modifies will:
Your Hearthling's mental and spiritual radiance. Affects high tier crafts like jewelry, gemcutting and silkmaking.
- In conjunction with Smithing, affects the quality of crafted Jewelry
- Affects the crafting of specific items, such as Bear Tooth Talisman, as well as all items that uses silk.
- Affects quality of many crafted curiosities, especially ones in the Rite & Ritual category.
- All Pigments use as their Softcap formula.
Equipment which modifies Psyche